John deere 5205 problem with the hydraulics

/ John deere 5205 problem with the hydraulics #1  

prospect

Tractor
john deere 5205
Hello, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I'm currently experiencing?

The tractor I have is a John Deere 5205. There seems to be a problem with the hydraulics and I was wondering if anyone might have some insight into the problem.

The hydraulics were working when I first started the tractor this morning but have since ceased to work.

The weather is cold and snowy if that helps anyone with the potential source of the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks for any help in advance.

/ John deere 5205 problem with the hydraulics #2  
Has oil/filter been changed?
Are we talking loader, or other?
If it is loader, Quick Disconnects are known to lose contact just enough to stop flow. Try unhooking and then rehook.

/ John deere 5205 problem with the hydraulics #3  
I had that same problem with the loader. My cables came lose witch control the loader valve. It was on the right hand side of the tractor under the step. I just put the nut back on and it was OK.

/ John deere 5205 problem with the hydraulics #4  
Hello, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I'm currently experiencing?

The tractor I have is a John Deere 5205. There seems to be a problem with the hydraulics and I was wondering if anyone might have some insight into the problem.

The hydraulics were working when I first started the tractor this morning but have since ceased to work.

The weather is cold and snowy if that helps anyone with the potential source of the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks for any help in advance.

Hi prospect: "since ceased to work" covers a lot of problems. Give us more to work with. Are you talking about the 3PH (three point hitch) or the FEL (front end loader) remotes?
Maybe one of these ideas is the problem.

1) If the engine strains when you push the hydraulic lever then on of your quick connects is not fully engaged. Usually only one circuit will be affected.

2) If the hydraulics go up and down spasticly and groans a lot then probably the low pressure line is loose or cracked where it connects to the hydraulic pump and is sucking air.

Mars