Nimco

/ Nimco #1  

Sheepgrower

Tractor
Case MX120
Hello, I have just installed a FEL onto a Case MX120, I have no steering unless I pull or push on the joystick so its just off centre, how do I fix this problem? I was told it will possibly be a stuck valve in the Nimco connector, thank you all in advance for the good oil!

/ Nimco #3  
Hello, I have just installed a FEL onto a Case MX120, I have no steering unless I pull or push on the joystick so its just off centre, how do I fix this problem? I was told it will possibly be a stuck valve in the Nimco connector, thank you all in advance for the good oil!

Welcome to TBN:D

How did you hook up the FEL? I bet you added Tee's to the steering hoses?

You cannot add Tee's in a OC (open center) hydraulic system. All valves must be added in "series" since the fluid, like electricity will "take the path of least resistance" so all of your flow is going through the FEL valve since is the easier path back to the tank.

I have asked a moderator to move this to the hydraulics forum, there is lots of info there!

/ Nimco
Hello, I never touched the steering hoses nor did I add any TEE joints, the FEL has its own system. The steering will also work when a remote lever, and only one of them is engaged also, but only in one position, rearwards.

/ Nimco
The FEL has its own "Power Beyond Spacer Block". Just reading the operators book and it says the FEL must be fitted with a closed centre control valve which has a "work port signal line function". This loader was taken off a wrecked tractor, when it arrived everything was in order and the neighbour also has an MX120 which I looked at before installing the loader and the connections are exactly the same, ie I used the same inlet/outlets on the power beyond spacer block. The dealer told me it may be a stuck valve in the loader system itself somewhere, its a real nice loader on a real good tractor. :confused:

/ Nimco
It also has 3 way hydraulics in that the 3rd set are electronic, there is a 3 pin plug to work the crowd on the silage forks, this however is not functioning, its operated by pushing a button on the joystick. Maybe could be causing the problem?

/ Nimco #7  
Well sheep I don't know what to say-I am not familiar with your machine, but the symptoms you describe show that the valves are in parallel and not in series. This is assuming the system is OC like most CUT's are. If your system is CC, then are you sure the valve on the FEL is CC?

Can you post some pictures please?