fel control problems

/ fel control problems #1  

Aaron Wade

Tractor
kubota 3010
I'm having problems With my front end loader. It is a kubota la481 on a 3010 gst. I was moving snow today and my control valve operating the lift stuck in the down position. i was able to use the tilt to get the bucket up enough to get a jack under it and raise it up so i could chain it to the brush guard and get it to the barn. Does anyone have any ideas on how to release this valve. How hard is it to rebuild the control valve assemble. Thanks Aaron

/ fel control problems #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

It's more likely the linkage between the joystick and the spool (the part that slides in and out, -OR- the float detent, it's in the "cup" that's at the opposite end from the linkage, there are small balls in there to hold the spool in the float position and it's not uncommon for them to get rusty and/or corroded.

See if you dealer can give you a parts breakdown of the valve...

/ fel control problems
Thanks not in the linkage a took that apart down to the part that comes out of the control box it is stuck in the box

/ fel control problems #4  
Some debris, parts of o-rings, could be binding up the spool. Turn the spool, tap it, etc.

As far as rebuilding the valve, on some valves you can replace the o-rings, but most spools are a dedicated spool that was selected for that spool. You usually can not get a replacement spool off the shelf.

/ fel control problems #5  
Aaron Wade said:
Thanks not in the linkage a took that apart down to the part that comes out of the control box it is stuck in the box

Float detent then...

/ fel control problems #6  
Aaron Wade,

Can you post some close up pictures of the valve?

/ fel control problems
It was the detent. Took it apart and cleaned the the cup and balls works like new thanks for your help

/ fel control problems #8  
It was the detent. Took it apart and cleaned the the cup and balls works like new thanks for your help

Glad to help:thumbsup:

One way to help prevent this in the future is to drill a small hole in the cup to vent it-and pack it with grease.

/ fel control problems #9  
Mine had the same problem I lost two of the small balls. Will it work without it and I cant figure what holds the spring in. I found a parts list. Can I order just the ball bearings?

Last edited:
   / fel control problems #10  
You should be able to order them.