FEL slow

/ FEL slow #1  

ninetyeight

Tractor
Branson 3510i
I have a Branson 3510i with a Woods FEL. Great setup and has been working very well even in the single digits cold weather we have been having. I just got the recomended number of hours on it for the first hydraulic oil and filter change, so I drained the oil out almost 10 gals and changed the filter with a NAPA Gold 1202 filter. Now all of the hydraulics are very slow and alot of whining from the pumps.I warmed it up for an hour or so while removing some snow and when I got done all things worked fairly well.
The next day I went to use it again and the same thing all over again.
Question is the oil or the filter or both not the right ones? Please help with any Ideas

/ FEL slow #3  
Your filter maybe to fine compared to the factory original, in turn starving the pump.

Craig Clayton

/ FEL slow #4  
You should probably go back to a new factory hyd filter and factory recommended fluid. Did you replace the fluid with just any tractor fluid, or same?

/ FEL slow #5  
as said go back to factory filters an hydro oil.its clear the filters arnt the same.

/ FEL slow
Some good possibilities, Thanks guy's. I have since drained out the first new fluid and replaced it with a thinner fluid and it did work somewhat better but not like it worked at first.
So that tell's me that it is possible that the napa gold 1202 filter has restricted the flow somewhat, so I will try to find a coarser filter and then maybe it will flow faster.
About the factory filter and oil good luck on trying to find out what they are.
Thanks again guy's

/ FEL slow #7  
I have a Branson 3510i with a Woods FEL. Great setup and has been working very well even in the single digits cold weather we have been having. I just got the recomended number of hours on it for the first hydraulic oil and filter change, so I drained the oil out almost 10 gals and changed the filter with a NAPA Gold 1202 filter. Now all of the hydraulics are very slow and alot of whining from the pumps.I warmed it up for an hour or so while removing some snow and when I got done all things worked fairly well.
The next day I went to use it again and the same thing all over again.
Question is the oil or the filter or both not the right ones? Please help with any Ideas

NAPA Gold 1202 filter is a 5 micron filter....

Filter is not the same as suction side strainer....suction strainers/filters are about 150 micron

Sounds like you have a 5 micron filter on the suction side of the pump....that wont work....
If so, remove it, move it to the return side.....