3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota

/ 3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota #1  

jayw

Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
What would happen if you removed your factory 2 spool valve for your FEL and replaced it with a 3 spoolvalve? I want to add rear remotes and also have a 3rd function for the FEL. So I was thinking remove the exsiting valve and replace with a 3 spool for the FEL. Joystick for loader functions and a single lever sor the 3rd function. And then recycle the 2 spool valve for the control valve for the rear remotes. I think this would be fairly simple to do and also keep the cost down to a minimum. I haven't started on this project yet as I have another really big project to get buttoned up first. Wife will kill me if I don't get finished building our house.

Jay

/ 3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota #2  
That sounds like a great idea. We'll wait for the hydraulic experts to see if it comes with negative issues. :)

/ 3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota #3  
Definitely finish the house first :cool2: Welcome to TBN. Your plan sounds good, look at the size of the unit to make sure it will fit in the location. I added a compact spool and did it without thinking ahead... I put in a 3 spool and I would have loved to put in a 4 spool valve for $40 extra (I would have just kept them plugged until I need it.) Once you have hydraulics, you see more uses for them.

/ 3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota #4  
Should be no problem if the new three spool has PB. Flow through the valve should match the pumps GPM. Flow should be pump, three spool valve, then two spool valve, then 3pt, then tank. Tank outlet from the first and second valve to tank.

/ 3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota
Teg, I sorta got the idea from you. But I didn't want to stack valves ontop of each other. Also, I am trying to figure out a way to mount the remote valves somewhere under the seat with the controls on the right side of the seat where they would normally be. Seems like it would make it a little more comfy there.

/ 3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota #6  
Teg, I sorta got the idea from you. But I didn't want to stack valves ontop of each other. Also, I am trying to figure out a way to mount the remote valves somewhere under the seat with the controls on the right side of the seat where they would normally be. Seems like it would make it a little more comfy there.
I was very surprised at how much room the hoses take up. Not sure the seat will have room enough... I've been under the seat a bunch, replace the PTO cable and mounted a heavy duty plate to reinforce the toplink plate.

I have an update on mine as I mounted the toplink (lots of photos of the area), working on the side link and moved the grapple to the middle spool... just have to find time to update it.

Mounting it on the outside of the ROPs and use quick connects right on the spool as looked pretty nice... Gotta go...

/ 3rd function for FEL on L2800/3400 Bota #7  
I like the idea of the 3 spool valve in place of the joystick, you MAY be able to find one that still has the joystick plus one lever for the third spool, which would be ideal.

This is how I did mine..

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/188519-adding-rear-remote-kubota-l3400.html

I tapped into the line from the BY port on the loader valve to the 3 ph, then fed the 3ph from the PB port on the Prince valve I used for the rear remote. The 3400 is really cramped for space to add valves and hoses.

Sean