Adding rear remote question

/ Adding rear remote question #1  

zmansmac

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
Hi all. Several years ago Mad Referee (may he rest in peace) helped me set up a valve to operate the power angle for my FEL mounted snow blade. I mounted the valve next to my loader valve and mounted QDs directly on the valve. I then just used long hoses to my angle cylinder and secured them with velcro tape. Now I have a cylinder for my 3 pt and plan to operate it with the same valve. I have 2 questions. First, can I just remove the QDs on the valve and then use "Ts" to QDs in the front and QDs in the rear (I will never use both at the same time). And 2nd, I would prefer to run hard lines, especially to the rear. I have no experience making hard hydraulic lines but in my mind I think of them as similar to brake lines which I have made in the past. I'm sure our hydraulic systems have higher pressures than brake systems and I know they require heavier tubing. I'm guessing bending is not any particular issue but maybe termination is. And I don't know if the standard termination is something like a double flare or something else.

JohnZ
Kubota B7500

/ Adding rear remote question #2  
Yes to the first question, and for the second...I'd think regular hyd. lines would be hard to beat without trying the hard ones. But you have some good questions about what to use. :)

/ Adding rear remote question #3  
Yes, you can Tee the lines-but as you said just make sure only one thing is plugged in at a time.

Hardlines can be a challange, your best bet is to find a local shop and see if they will sell you the materials. Some fittings are brazed, and there is also a type of compresion fitting called "swagelock" that can be used.

Madref is sure missed around here!