ford 4630 slow loader

/ ford 4630 slow loader #1  

ford4630

Tractor
ford 4630
HI, I NEED HELP. I HAVE A 96 FORD 4630FWA. IT HAS THE DELUXE REMOTES ON THE REAR. I INSTALLED A BUSHHOG 2446QT LOADER ON IT PLUGGED INTO ONE OF THE REAR REMOTES. THE LOADER WILL PICK UP HAY, GRAVEL, ETC., IT IS JUST SLOW AND I HAVE TO GIVE IT MORE RPM THAN I SHOULD TO DO THE JOB. i DON'T THINK THE HYDRAULIC PUMP IS WORE OUT BECAUSE THE TRACTOR DOES NOT HAVE THAT MANY HOURS ON IT (1000). I TRIED TO ADJUST THE DETENTS ON THE REMOTE BUT STILL THE SAME RESULT "SLOW". I DID NOT INSTALL A POWER BEYOND KIT BECAUSE THE LOADER BOOK STATED THAT IF YOU HAVE DELUXE REMOTES YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE POWER BEYOND. OH YEAH EXACTLY WHERE IS THE HYDRAULIC PUMP INSTALLED ON THIS TRACTOR? IS IT INSIDE THE REAREND? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP. THANK YOU

/ ford 4630 slow loader #2  
Have you adjusted the flow control knob on the remote? Adjusting the detent won't affect flow. If you have deluxe remotes, you should have a pump driven from the rear of the camshft (left rear corner of the engine) as well as the main pump mounted in the RH side of the rear axle center section. Both pumps should provide about 17 GPM to the remotes at rated engine speed.

/ ford 4630 slow loader #3  
is that because it's a 30 series? my 7610s has the d-remotes but no aux pump. that's the one thing that bummed me out about it.. that and the small battery compartment.

soundguy

/ ford 4630 slow loader
Have you adjusted the flow control knob on the remote? Adjusting the detent won't affect flow. If you have deluxe remotes, you should have a pump driven from the rear of the camshft (left rear corner of the engine) as well as the main pump mounted in the RH side of the rear axle center section. Both pumps should provide about 17 GPM to the remotes at rated engine speed.
Rick, I have turned the flow control with no luck. from low to high it is the same speed. Do you know where I check the pressure at on this thing. Thanks for helping.

/ ford 4630 slow loader
is that because it's a 30 series? my 7610s has the d-remotes but no aux pump. that's the one thing that bummed me out about it.. that and the small battery compartment.

soundguy
Do you have any suggestions? thanks.

/ ford 4630 slow loader #6  

soundguy

More a product of the 'S' series being an economy unit. Less features.

/ ford 4630 slow loader #7  
Rick, I have turned the flow control with no luck. from low to high it is the same speed. Do you know where I check the pressure at on this thing. Thanks for helping.

Stuff a 3000-5000 PSI gauge in one of the couplers and stroke the valve to check pressure. If it will lift gravel, bales, etc, but slowly, you have a flow problem, not a pressure problem. My money is on a sticking spool within the priority pack/combining valve located on the front top of the lift cover just in front of the seat.

/ ford 4630 slow loader #8  
More a product of the 'S' series being an economy unit. Less features.

ok cool.. knew it was something.

I can't argue about the price though.. the economy units well.. were darn economical!

soundguy

/ ford 4630 slow loader #9  
i have seen 30 series tractor with deluxe remotes and just a single pump