Rear Remote Kubota L39

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39 #1  

jmanatee2

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L39 TLB
I want to add rear remote hydraulics to my Kubota L39 to run a thumb.

I am trying to grasp the addition of a valve to the system. From what I have read I want a 2way valve with power beyond.

There will be 5 hoses that connect to this.

2 will go to the hydraulic cylinder
1 will be the high pressure line that I disconnect from the backhoes spool
1 (power beyond port) will connect to the backhoes spool valve.
1 will tee into the return to reservoir line.

Does this sound correct?

Also the Kubota L39 has (I think) has 11.9 gpm feeding the backhoe. Does this mean the valve can be anything greater then that? 20 gpm would work?

Also I am not sure what the standard pressure is for this tractor but would 3000 PSI valve be ok? 2500psi, 2000psi?

finally is there a standard fitting size for the quick connect couplers used by SSQA stuff?

Anyone know what the fittings are for the kubota connection? Pipe, Compression, Flare etc.. and the size of the connectors?

Any suggestion on where to buy the components would be appreciated.

If anyone can point out other information please let me know

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39 #2  
I want to add rear remote hydraulics to my Kubota L39 to run a thumb.

I am trying to grasp the addition of a valve to the system. From what I have read I want a 2way valve with power beyond.

There will be 5 hoses that connect to this.

2 will go to the hydraulic cylinder
1 will be the high pressure line that I disconnect from the backhoes spool
1 (power beyond port) will connect to the backhoes spool valve.
1 will tee into the return to reservoir line.

Does this sound correct?

Yes, that is 100% correct. You can use 1/4" hoses for the thumb cylinder, but all others should be at least 3/8"-or the same size that feeds the hoe now.
Also the Kubota L39 has (I think) has 11.9 gpm feeding the backhoe. Does this mean the valve can be anything greater then that? 20 gpm would work?

Also I am not sure what the standard pressure is for this tractor but would 3000 PSI valve be ok? 2500psi, 2000psi?

Correct again for both questions.

finally is there a standard fitting size for the quick connect couplers used by SSQA stuff?

SSQA stuff usually uses "flat face" couplers.

Anyone know what the fittings are for the kubota connection? Pipe, Compression, Flare etc.. and the size of the connectors?

Can't help exactly, but they are probably NPT, JIC or ORB. You will have to measure to find the size: Fluid Port Size Charts > Discount Hydraulic Hose.com

Any suggestion on where to buy the components would be appreciated.

DHH (linked above) and the Surplus Center.

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39
Can anyone recommend a valve? I can find many valves I think are correct but I don't want to order the wrong one.

I also read somewhere that most valves that can switch from open to close center can also have a power beyond plug or sleeve installed, Is that true?

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39
   / Rear Remote Kubota L39 #6  
In case you don't know, Kubota makes a hydraulic kit with a foot operated control to run a hydraulic thumb. Great set up but not cheap.

MarkV

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39 #7  
Can anyone recommend a valve? I can find many valves I think are correct but I don't want to order the wrong one.

I also read somewhere that most valves that can switch from open to close center can also have a power beyond plug or sleeve installed, Is that true?
Here is a 14 GPM valve: Surplus Center - 1 SPOOL 14 GPM PRINCE WVS11B5C1 DA VALVE

If your a good fabricator you could make it controlled with a foot pedal.

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39 #8  
I think the Kubota L39 has a two pumps feeding the backhoe, one 11gpm feeding the boom crowd and dipper, and the second pump supplying swing with 6gpm.

I connect to the swing pump to run remotes for my 3 point top link and snowblower rotate. Relief pressure for the swing pump is 2500 psi verse 2750 for the main pump. You could use the 8 gpm valve that J_J recommended with the swing pump, just be sure to the power beyond plug for it.

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39 #9  
jmanatee2,

Here is another idea for you. If you were to put a selector valve in the stabilizer leg circuit, you could select which function you want to use, stabilizer legs set, or BH thumb. Once you set the stabilizer legs, flip the switch on the selector valve, and the stabilizer hydraulics go to the thumb. and use the stabilizer lever to operate the thumb.

With no power to the solenoid valve, the stabilizer legs work normally. Flip a switch and power the solenoid on, and the hydraulic flow now go to the thumb for as long as you have power on the solenoid. The stabilizer lever now operates the thumb.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-5117-A&catname=hydraulic

/ Rear Remote Kubota L39
jmanatee2,

Here is another idea for you. If you were to put a selector valve in the stabilizer circuit, you could select which function you want to use, stabilizer legs set, or thumb. . Once you set the stabilizer legs, flip the switch on the selector valve, and the stabilizer hyds go to the thumb. and use the stabilizer lever to operate the thumb.

With no power to the solenoid valve, the stabilizer legs work normally. Flip a switch and power the solenoid on, and the hydraulic flow now go to the thumb for as long as you have power on the solenoid. The stabilizer lever now operates the thumb.

Thats a neat idea. I take it after setting the stabilizer, then changing the selector switch the stabilizer would hold the position I left it in.

Are there two line selectors? I take it there would be six connectors A + B from spool A + B to stabilizer and A + B to thumb.

On Edit: I didn't see your link, I just looked at that item That switches with 12v