Decoding hydraulic hose date codes

/ Decoding hydraulic hose date codes #1  

JohnNewYork

Tractor
John Deere 4320
Newbe question:

I am looking for advice on how to read the date codes printed on hydraulic hoses. I think I see two different styles printed on my hoses.

the first "4Q05" - does this imply the hose was made the fourth quarter 2005?

the second " 08 | 10 | 2006 " - does this imply august 10 2006?

Or do these numbers have different meaning. The reason why I ask these hoses came on the snowblower unit on my 2011 tractor.

thank you for your time.

/ Decoding hydraulic hose date codes #2  
Please post the entire lay line and we can help more. 4q05 is probably the hose manufacture date. Should be a 100R-??? also, this is the type of hose. 08/10/2006 I don't know about. Could you post pics?

/ Decoding hydraulic hose date codes
thank you for taking an interest in my question.

I attached a picture.

The 3/4 hoses
"MANULI LYTEFLEX SAE 100R16 SAE 100R17 DN 19-12 3/4" WP 3040 PSI 1Q05"
and
"HYDRAULIC HOSE 3/4" SAE 100R17 3000 PSI MAX WP 4Q2003"

The 1/4" hoses

"MANULI HARVESTOR/17 SAE 100R17 1/4" DNG WP 210 BAR 3040 PSI 3Q2005 MADE IN ITALY"

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2513.JPG
    IMG_2513.JPG
    582.4 KB · Views: 589
   / Decoding hydraulic hose date codes #4  
Most of the hose we sell is marked with a XQYY date code, where X is the quarter, and YY is the year the hose was made.

1Q05 = first quarter, 2005

/ Decoding hydraulic hose date codes #5  
Using logic, that hose "MANULI LYTEFLEX SAE 100R16 SAE 100R17 DN 19-12 3/4" WP 3040 PSI 1Q05" appears to be made in first quarter 05

HYDRAULIC HOSE 3/4" SAE 100R17 3000 PSI MAX WP 4Q2003" forth quarter 03

Another reference: Parker

The name of the hose is clearly printed on the hose. Also printed on the hose is a date code in the form “1-Q-03” which in this case is the first quarter of 2003.

Last edited:
I'm with you on logic.

This is the root of my issue :mad:, This piece of equipment was just purchased "NEW" last week. All of the hoses and cylinders appear to have a date code that suggest the hoses are very old 2003- 2008 time frame:confused2:.

Something is not right in Dixie.

The dealer says this could not happen.

thanks to everybody's for there comments, keep them comming

/ Decoding hydraulic hose date codes #7  
I believe the shelf life may be around 10 years, with a first in first out swap turn around.

/ Decoding hydraulic hose date codes #8  
I suppose it's still "new" if it's never been used, but at least some of the components were made several years ago.

Instead of your dealer saying this "can't happen," he should be trying to explain why it DID happen, and what he's going to do about it.

/ Decoding hydraulic hose date codes #9  
Another thought....

You said you bought the equipment new, but do you know when this equipment was built? Cars and trucks all have VIN numbers and manufacture dates stamped on labels that anyone can read (usually inside the drivers door). Does your equipment have a similar label on it somewhere?

Maybe what you bought was a leftover piece of equipment that was made a few years ago, and sat on the dealer's lot until now.

We're on that path now with the dealer and Deer. The dealer is checking, they say the serial number does not reflect build year. such as x090006
does not imply 2009. I asked for the manufacture date.

I'll keep you guys posted.