11 hp greyhound pump mount

/ 11 hp greyhound pump mount #1  

rednck3550

hi there,im repowering my old log splitter with a 11hp greyhound from hf,and dont know which pump bracket i need for the pump.the engine is the same thing as a honda 340cc but the honda has a 3 31/64 1in shaft but the greyhound has a 2 7/8 1 in shaft,im using a 16gpm 2 stage barnes pump with 1/2 x 1 1/2 shaft.i have 2 options that i know of,one mount is 5 5/8 long and the other is 4 7/8 long,the honda with the longer shaft calls for the longer one but i dont know if it will work on the greyhound eith the shorter shaft and im bangin my head off the wall tryin to figure this out,but my math skills leave somrthing to be desired lol.could anybody help me out with this please?it would be very appreciated,thancks in advance:confused:

/ 11 hp greyhound pump mount #2  
I recently put a HF 6.5 on my splitter w 11gpm pump.I picked up the love joy etc. at northern they,ll help you out.Each side needs a differnt size coupling which is where the love joys come in ,you know the rubber cog from engine to pump.You,ll also need a pump bracket to hold the pump to the engine if you don,t have one.:thumbsup:Dave

/ 11 hp greyhound pump mount
the pump mount is what im having trouble with,i dont know which one i need,they have two lenghts,5 5/8 or 4 7/8,the lovejoy is no problem,i just dont know which bracket i need,the 5 5/8 or 4 7/8 to get the proper clearence for the love joy.if the engine were a honda i would have no problem deciding cause they list the honda motor to match up a bracket,but with the greyhound they do not list it for a bracket application.the only difference is the shaft length on the greyhound is shorter than the honda.

/ 11 hp greyhound pump mount #4  
My 6.5 HF was the same as the Honda and I,d bet your HF will be the same as the larger Hondas.Got a Northrn Tool near you?They,ll hook you up

/ 11 hp greyhound pump mount
i think i got it figured out now,thanks for the reply