Hydraulic pump for 245DT Kubota

/ Hydraulic pump for 245DT Kubota #1  

Richard245dt

Tractor
Kubota L245DT
Hi; I'm new to this site so I might not be on the right page but;
does anyone happen to know if there is anyone out there with spare parts to a L245DT Kubota? Specifically, I'm looking for a hydraulic pump in good working order. I have changed the oil, old stuff looked like condemned swamp water, I've cleaned the filter, I don't see any particulate in the pump orifices, but my implements need high revs to get off the ground and I have to be stopped to get them to work when the oil is hot. from what I've read the issue sounds like a failing pump. I would appreciate any help you might have.
Thanks for your reply.
Richard

Attachments

• our Kubota tractor.jpg
    our Kubota tractor.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 603
   / Hydraulic pump for 245DT Kubota #2  
I would first install a pressure gage in the system and check the pressure.

Your reliefs might have trash in them to keep them open.

A gage and flow control setup would help also.

/ Hydraulic pump for 245DT Kubota
Thanks JJ
I'll try that. What should a normal pressure be?
Would I be better to take the time to remove the pump and just clean the gears
and relief valve surfaces, you know take the trash out?
I appreciate your response.
Richard

/ Hydraulic pump for 245DT Kubota #4  
If your hyd pump is a 2000 psi pump, then the relief would be around 1800 to 1900 psi. Test the pump relief pressure by installing a 3000 psi hyd gage in the input to the FEL valve. Activate one of the FEL levers to fully extend the cysl to max and hold it there for a short period. If the pump is good and the cyl are good and the relief valve is working, that part is good to go. Return the FEL levers to neutral. Then, with an implement on the 3pt, raise the 3pt lever and check the pressure. For transporting, push the lever down a little, as it will be relieving or bypassing if kept high.. Push the 3pt lever down a little, to lock the 3pt. If the pressure is good, and the implement stays up, then you can assume that the hyd system is good. If you do not get the desired result, then further trouble shooting will be necessary.

These are the specs for your hyd system.

Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Capacity: 8.7 gal [32.9 L]
Pressure: 2000 psi [137.9 bar]
Total flow: 3.7 gpm [14.0 lpm]