Massey Ferguson 135 remote

/ Massey Ferguson 135 remote #1  

Zadch

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 diesel
Hi I have a massey 135 and want to put a rear remote on it. I need it because I compition plow and I need to not have to put it in constant pumping. Any ideas would be appreciated.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 remote #2  
What so you mean that you don't want it pumping all the time? An open center pump pumps all the time. This is what you have now.

Hydraulics:
Type: -unknown-
Capacity: 8 gal [30.3 L]
Pressure: 2800 psi [193.1 bar]
Valve flow: 4.5 gpm [17.0 lpm]
Total flow: 4.8 gpm [18.2 lpm]
Oil type:
MF-1129

If you have a FEL, and it has a PB port, just add another valve in series.

If all you have now is the 3pt, then you will have to cut the pressure line and add a valve.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 remote #3  
G'day and welcome to TBN:thumbsup: there is a kit that bolts straight on top of the trans that will give you a single remote and is available through bare co, sparex etc however i cannot remember if this gives you remotes when you are out of constant pumping or not. I will try to remember to ask my boss tomorrow and post back

Jon

/ Massey Ferguson 135 remote
Ok thanks

/ Massey Ferguson 135 remote #5  
G'day spoke to my boss today ( he has 50+ yr working on massey ) and he tell me that you cannot run remotes and luinkage at the same time as you only have 1 pump the later/larger models with 2 pumps can do it but not yours i'm afraid.
UNLESS the US models are different to the ones here, you may get more responses if you put this in the massey forum

Jon

/ Massey Ferguson 135 remote #6  
   / Massey Ferguson 135 remote #7  
G,Day zadch.
You are a competition Plowman Right?.
You know the principle of draft control?.
The massey Ferguson Tractor with the ferguson Hydraulic system which was developed in the forties and completed in the fifties and since then fundamentally never changed, it has been copied by ALL tractor manufacturers in one form or another with mixed success.
When using the Massey Ferguson draft control the tractor will AUTOMATICALLY control the draft depth that is it will automatically raise and lower the hydraulic three point linkage to maintain an even depth without the operators input in fact if you set the tractor in a straight line and set the draft you would not need HUMAN intervention the tractor would do it on it,s own.
Having been involved with Masseys and other tractors for more than 52 years Repairing and Demonstrating Massey products I will say as far as the hydraulic system goes there is no equal.
The first important thing is making sure the hydraulics are functioning as per design,that is does the position control operate correctly ,does the draft control respond correctly in other word step one is to check ALL Hydraulic Functions before you start .
Step two to get the best result, is to understand how the system works.
step three and the most important One is the setting up of the plow which may take some time as this involves a lot of variables , weather,tyre pressures ,tyre sizes,soil type etc this is only a few which I am sure you know about ,not forgetting the response lever which again depends on soil condition as to what response is best.
Your concern that the hydraulic system will be operating at relief valve pressure is not correct ,WHEN THE POSITION CONTROL LEVER IS PUT IN THE TRANSPORT POSITION AND LEFT THERE The hydraulic system will raise the implement to the transport position and maintain that height the hydraulic pump will deliver whatever pressure is required to maintain the height the lift arms have been set at .
If you look at the Draft Quadrant there are two lines about halfway down,if the hydraulic system has been set CORRECTLY the draft lever will be in between the two scribed lines when in Draft Neutral if not there abouts ,not more than 1/4" either way.
The fact that when the service man sets up the hydraulic system with the position control lever set in the transport position during the internal adjustment of the hydraulics it is critical for satisfactory draft control to ensure this is the case.
To install a Selector valve be it a two or three function unit it does not really matter if when plowing and you select remote or front end loader you will not have CONTROL of the three point linkage during the time the selector valve is in remote.
This is a fairly long winded anwswer to your question But I am sure yourself and others may find some value in my comments .
Happy Days:thumbsup:.
Hutch.