Nimco part numbers

/ Nimco part numbers #1  

jhwentworth

Silver Member
Tractor
Agco ST35
I have a leaking o-ring on a Nimco control valve for my Agco ST35 with SL46 FEL. The oil leaks from the joystick base plate when the bucket is curled. The AGCO parts books lists a couple Nimco controls as being used on the SL46: the CV-112, CV-422, and CV-432. MY valve has a plate with the number 2S-40272 and a serial #219029. The base of the valve has 1M-4132-2 stamped in it.

Question: How do I interchange the numbers I have to a Nimco assembly number in the CV-XXX format.

/ Nimco part numbers
Not exactly. Some of the valves listed on the Agco book, like CV-422, are not listed here.I'm looking for an interchange list that will convert the numbers on the tag to the numbers used on the Nimco site. I gotta tell you, this labeling stinks.

Last edited:
   / Nimco part numbers
Update: I spoke with Nimco and was told that my valve was in the CV-422 family and 2S-40272 was the Nimco part number, The Nimco rep also said that the part number/family interchange information was not posted on the Internet. It figures that the Nimco valve family missing from the Nimco web site would be the valve that I have.

/ Nimco part numbers
After taking the valve assembly apart I discovered other things wrong, so I asked my local tractor dealer for a price for a complete replacement unit. The part number is 71515225, and the quote was for $1362. Some checking around yielded a price of $586.50 + shipping. It does seem there's considerable difference in pricing, so check with the Nimco distributors.

I'll still probably go for a repair, but it helps to know that a replacement won't cost over $1300.

/ Nimco part numbers #8  
after doing some research I found this out.

I used a caliper to measure the female ports

The side ports are 13/16.
The bottom 4 ports are 11/16.

so from googling around:

-08 SAE #8 3/4-16 3/4" (0.75) 11/16" (0.69)
-10 SAE #10 7/8-14 7/8" (0.88) 13/16" (0.81)

So for us to get the valve we would need a sae male #8 to sae female#10 adapter? for the side ports?? Like the following?

p6410C.jpg

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-6410-8-10&catname=hydraulic

All of the line threads have O rings.

Last edited:
   / Nimco part numbers #9  
Sounds like you have it figured out TJ.

/ Nimco part numbers #10  
Sounds like you have it figured out TJ.

Sounds good. I ordered up all the parts 230 bucks.

So I will post for everyone else on how I make out.

I was not spending $1400 at massey dealer for another nimco valve.