MF 205 Hyd question

/ MF 205 Hyd question #1  

spanico

I have a 1979 MF205 that shares hydro with trans, I have a FEL and was wondering how to get more lift capacity. There is a diverter valve for 3 pt and hydro hoses for fell run from it, would upgrading the lift cylinders do the trick or would I have replumb the fel with larger lines?
Also where would you hook up a pressure gauge to see what pressures the system is operating at?
This is all in anticipation of making the front bucket 60" from 48".

/ MF 205 Hyd question #2  
To achieve more force for the loader, you would have to increase pressure. You could tune up the PRV, and obtain more pressure. Larger cyl will give more lift capacity. Light weight implements.

If you could find a a higher pressure pump, that would do it, but you have to think of all the other componants in the hyd system. Will the loader frame handle the higher pressure?

This is per cyl, and you have two of these

2 in cyl
1 in rod
2500 psi
extend=7,854 lbs
retract=5,890 lbs

2 in cyl
1 in rod
2600 lbs
extend=8,168 lbs
retract=6,126 lbs

So a 100 psi increase will produce about 314 lbs more than you have now.
-----200 psi---------------------------628 lbs more

3 in cyl
1 in rod
2500 psi
17,671 lbs
15,708 lbs.

Tee a pressure gage at the IN port to the FEL

/ MF 205 Hyd question
Thanks JJ i will have to pull out the shop manual and see if there is an internal PRV that can be adjusted because I don't see an external one. I guess increased pressure would also increase cycle time.

/ MF 205 Hyd question #4  
Can you take a picture of your valve especially the IN port?

This valve is for reference only. If you look by the IN port you will see the PRV. This is a joystrick valve, so don't know if yours will look like this. Most PRV's are close by the IN port.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/adspecs/AS9-4782.pdf

/ MF 205 Hyd question
Here are the pics of the loader valve

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 165
  • valve1.jpg
    valve1.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 187
  • valve2.jpg
    valve2.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 277
   / MF 205 Hyd question #6  
In the first picture the slotted plug to the left of the spool is probably your relief valve. It looks like the in/pressure port comes into the to the bottom of the valve, left side in the picture.

You might take a good look at those hoses, they appear to be cracking. The bend looks a little extreme, You might come off the valve with 45's or 90 degree fittings