Ford 1700 Hydraulics

/ Ford 1700 Hydraulics #1  

BRANTLEYASSOC

Tractor
brantleyassoc@bellsouth.net
I was having problems with the Hyd system, intermittent, slow to respond; so I changed out the fluid and cleaned the filter. Now,..... It won't work at all.
Any ideas.

Ken B

/ Ford 1700 Hydraulics #2  
You probably have air in the system. Activate all the controls, extend and retract about 10 times.

/ Ford 1700 Hydraulics
Did not work. Cycled the lift handle 20 or 30 times.
I did have to remove the HYF tube from the front to rear of the tractor to ever get it to go back on. New fluid, cleaned filter, no move. Is there a bleeding procedure?

By the way, is there a school on the east cost where I can go to learn how to navigate this WEB site? :confused2:

/ Ford 1700 Hydraulics #4  
Did you ever put a hyd gage in the system?

Which web site, TBN?

Do you know if the pump is pumping hyd fluid?

Has anyone done any work on the tractor lately? Replace or removed anything, etc.

If the pump is turning, and the suction to the reservoir is good, and the tank is full, then the fluid is going somewhere.

/ Ford 1700 Hydraulics
JJ

Did you ever put a hyd gage in the system? NO

Which web site?
This one: I have a hard time getting around the postings

Do you know if the pump is pumping hyd fluid? No, but I don't think it is.

Has anyone done any work on the tractor lately? Replace or removed anything, etc. NO, just me draining the fluid and cleaning the screen and refilling.

I have manually moved the lift around/ up & dpwn and cycled the lift handle many times.
I would think it needs priming, but they tell me that is not required. Remember, it was acting up when I started working on it, but it was intermittent. The tractor has only 585 hours, and it sets a lot.

Ken

/ Ford 1700 Hydraulics
OK,

I am up and going now. This is what happened. The pump does not always self prime itself. What I did, per mech instructions, was loosen the smaller line going into the hyd pump. It did not do anything for about 20 seconds; then started spewing fluid big time. The pump had air and could not get going without and air outlet.

I have learned that indeed it was the filter, as you suggested, as it is working fine now.

Thanks

Ken B

/ Ford 1700 Hydraulics #7  
Glad you got it working. Thanks for the feedback.