Backhoe attachment

/ Backhoe attachment #1  

Keyote

Tractor
1966 ford 3000
Ford 3000 onboard hyd. operating a backhoe attachment.
I expect it to be slow but will I need to install a PTO pump?

Thanks.
Jim

/ Backhoe attachment #2  
Ford 3000 onboard hyd. operating a backhoe attachment.
I expect it to be slow but will I need to install a PTO pump?

Thanks.
Jim

What do you mean by onboard hydraulics??

Is this tractor equipped with a front end loader??

If so, it probabally has a pump on the front that powers it. Tap into that for the BH and it should be pleanty fast.

If it doesnt have a FEL, you are going to need a BUNCH of weight up there to offset the weight of the BH.

But to answer your question, NO you shouldnt need a PTO pump. BUT if you dont have a FEL or pump out front, it may be too slow for your liking and you may choose to add a PTO pump. But it certainly isnt a requirement.

/ Backhoe attachment #3  
I would DEFINITELY try it on the tractor's hydraulics first.
Unless/until you get good at operating it and feel a "need for more speed" you will probably find the tractor's hydraulic flow and pressure to be adequate.

If the tractor already has a loader and if that works fine you should be OK to go onto that circuit (power beyond, etc.)
If it doesn't have a loader, perhaps there are rear hydraulic outlets ? those should be good enough - at least through your learning curve and modest projects.

If you haven't used a hoe before; SMALL BITES will usually work faster than large.
Don't just put the bucket 2ft from the edge and expect to cut straight down.
Nibbles, just take nibbles (-:

/ Backhoe attachment
What do you mean by onboard hydraulics??

Is this tractor equipped with a front end loader??

If so, it probabally has a pump on the front that powers it. Tap into that for the BH and it should be pleanty fast.

If it doesnt have a FEL, you are going to need a BUNCH of weight up there to offset the weight of the BH.

But to answer your question, NO you shouldnt need a PTO pump. BUT if you dont have a FEL or pump out front, it may be too slow for your liking and you may choose to add a PTO pump. But it certainly isnt a requirement.
Thanks for the info.

I fabricated a ROPS that extends past the front of the tractor and have a quick detach
front grader blade I use. I can easily add more weight if needed.

I operate the blade with a 5 ton winch mounted on the extended ROPS.

My question now is gonna be purchasing the right Adapter plate and hoses etc.

Thanks for your advise!

Jim