What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use

/ What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use #1  

Kenfranklinl

Tractor
ford 1200
Hi everyone. Can someone tell me what kind\grade hyraulic fliud I should use for my Yanmar 66o 3pt backhoe. I was given some hydraulic fliud that had water in it now I have to drain the tank and but in new oil. Thank god I did not start it up.

Last edited:
   / What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use #2  
Ken,

Nobody paying attention to you..??....I thought you'd be inundated with responses.....:laughing:

Not sure what hyd system you have....?? PTO Pump and separate reservoir..??...Any good AW-32 hyd oil or tractor/trans fluid would work (as long as it doesn't have water in it....:thumbsup:)

/ What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use #3  
Unless the water has been emulsified with the hyd fluid, I would suspect it was on the bottom of the container, or reservoir/tank. Once it goes through the pump and several cycles, it would be emulsified.

/ What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use
Thanks Bill, Ya its a PTO with resevoir. I got the oil from my brother who has been a heavy equipment operator for about 45 years. the 5 gallon container got water in it some how and i did not notice it until I pumped about a gallon in.

The Piston you rebiult for me looked great and went together nice and easy.

Thanks for your help again, Ken

Last edited:
   / What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use #5  
The Piston you rebiult for me looked great and went together nice and easy.

Thanks for your help again, Ken

Thought you might find this interesting while I was doing a google search on your Yanmar....

Yahoo! Groups

This could have been you......:laughing:

Yea, those PTO Gear pumps can handle any good quality hyd oil .....doesn't have to be the super premium stuff......

/ What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use
Ya, I found that also today. But not much of any info out there on the 660. Thats why this forum is so great because of the knowlege of the members.

/ What kind\grade hydraulic fliud to use #7  
utf fluid is likely fine..

soundguy