How to plumb 2 loader joystick valves so they work at same time?

/ How to plumb 2 loader joystick valves so they work at same time? #1  

chad22

Veteran Member
Tractor
Sears Garden Tractor
   / How to plumb 2 loader joystick valves so they work at same time? #2  
chad.. how big is your pump, every spool you pull takes oil , the more spools you pull the more oil you need, if you have a 5 gpm pump then forget about any speed, if you have 20 gpm then your problem is solved.
those valves you have can be made to except power beyond (code W) which would help with oil going to the second bank but if you really want second bank to work as fast as the first then a flow divider is required. This will split the oil evenly to both banks but you need a big enough pump . http://www.parker.com/literature/Hy...en Service Literature/Bul HY14-2723-M1 PD.pdf Jim

/ How to plumb 2 loader joystick valves so they work at same time?
Thanks

My pump's about 3-4 gallons per minute. "That's just a guess" as it doesn't say on the pump and I bought it used off ebay. That pump has plenty of power though. I have to almost idle the v twin 18 hp briggs for smooth operation otherwise the movements are way to fast.

I was looking on baileynet.com and decided on the combined joystick valve. I figured it's about as cheap to go with the combined valve instead of the separate valves.

And what I figured was use the 2 valves in the middle for the drive controls, and then use my current valve I already have for the 4 stabilizers.

Chad

Attachments

• joystick-control-valve.jpg
    joystick-control-valve.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 254
   / How to plumb 2 loader joystick valves so they work at same time? #4  
   / How to plumb 2 loader joystick valves so they work at same time? #5  
I was looking on baileynet.com and decided on the combined joystick valve. I figured it's about as cheap to go with the combined valve instead of the separate valves.

Thats sounds like a good plan...that way you will get FULL simultaneous control over all functions....with two separate 2-spool valve in power beyond connection, it would be hard to share flow between the two valve units, since the up stream one will get priority of flow. Any full lever movement on the upstream valve will disconnect the down stream valve from pump flow supply.

Since your pump flow is very low, 3-5 gpm, it might be hard to find a 6 spool valve to match your pump flow....a valve rated way higher than the pump flow, will lose big part of the proportionality (flow metering range). I can see most of these valve at 10+ gpm rating...try to shop around for a valve rated 5-8gpm...This Wolverine 6 spool valve from Prince is rated 8gpm...Joystick kit available....little more $$ though...

It is definitely possible to smoothly operate 2 or more functions simultaneously even with a flow as low as 3-5 gpm, IF cylinders are small enough AND the valve allows easy feathering (rated at about the same flow as pump flow)...Obviously your cylinders are small enough.....