Ford 6610 3 pt arms well not raise

/ Ford 6610 3 pt arms well not raise #1  

akins1342

Tractor
Ford 6610 Series 2
Hello, I am new to Tractor by Net, but have viewed the forum's for sometime. I have a 1990 Ford 6610, Series 2, 2 wd, with Q cab. The tractor has 1678 hours on it. It has a weterndorf TA26/27 Loader on it. The tractor has one single Hydraulic Remote. Up until a week ago the 3 pt worked fine. I had hooked a disc up to do some discing, and utilized the Hydraulic remote to trainsport the disc. While using the Disc I did notice that the disc was raising and falling somewhat slower than previous time. I tried adjusting the Flow Control up and down, resetting the draft location etc. No good. Once I finished discing, I went to hook onto a 3 pt. cultivator. The tractor would not raise the cultavator. With nothing hooked to the 3 pt the arms raise fine, and atay up not drafting down. I have tried with the Loader Hooked up and unhooked. The loader is plumbed into the Valve Area that is normally mounted under the seat if there was no cab, on top of the trainsmission housing. 2 hoses run from this to the loader valve to supply it and not tie up my oly set of remotes. There is a small app. 1/8' steel line that runs from this Area under the seat to the remoted. I removed this and blew out, and observed that Hyd Fluid would be blown from the Valve remotes when worked. I have stuck a crude pressure gauge in the reomtes and get over 2000 psi, so my Pump, (dual pumps on this make) is working. I cannot find anyother reason for this not to be working. I Need HELP, from someone with a knowledge on these matters. I am a fair Tractor Mech., but understand still very much learning. Any help to this ole farm boy would greately be appreciated. Thanks. Ken

/ Ford 6610 3 pt arms well not raise #2  
i would check and make sure the control handle for your remote is still working ,it may have stuck in 1 position or another. try working it forwarda and reverse quickly some times this will free a sticking valve.it sounds to me if its sticking.hope this helps you

/ Ford 6610 3 pt arms well not raise #3  
G'day Ken, we have a 6640 that does a similar thing on a regular occasion. With ours the dial on the hoist/draft control gets out of sinc' if its in float when you use the auto raise toggle switch. We find it will clear if you turn the dial back to float and toggle the implement up. Then use the draft control to bring it back down into the working range, then use the toggle as normal. In our case without implements it moves up and down fine because there is no weight on the linkage to activate the Draft control. Hope this helps

/ Ford 6610 3 pt arms well not raise
Wiltas,

I am sometimes thick headed, so I need your help, but what you are saying does make alot of sense to me. First I really don't know what you mean by Dial host/draft. I have NO Dials. All I have on the interior is a 3pt up down Lever, Draft Lever, a Knob that you push down or pull up on, a PTO Lever, and 1 Hydraulic remote lever. I do not have a Auto Raise Toggle Switch. I am sorry I am so stupid on this, I purchased the tractor last November, and it did not come with a manual. I purchased one but it appeared to deal with a cab-less tractor instead of a cab tractor. Also, I know that in some pictures that I have seen, the External Hydraulic Remote (s) appears to have some type of knob on the top of them. Mine does not have a knob, just a Pin sticking out, or maybe it is where a knob used to be. I have been around tractos a big part of my life, but help me alitle more if you can.
Thank You Ken

/ Ford 6610 3 pt arms well not raise
JDtractor, Thankyou for your input, I have tried this, actually that was one of my first thoughts as yours, that sometimes they stick a quick action well help them. Thanks Ken

/ Ford 6610 3 pt arms well not raise #6  
Greetings...I've just purchased a 6610. Same type issue...lifts only 3-5 inches...not nearly enough to raise equipment. What was resolution for above inputs???