Hydraulic Couplers

/ Hydraulic Couplers #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
I pulled the bales spinner off the Ford 4610 so I could mount the post driver on the Ford. Since winter seems to still be with us in Western Montana, I put the bale spinner on the NH TD95D so I can feed the cows. I just assumed the male couplers are compatible with the newer tractors couplers. On the Ford, I just shove the couplers through the dust cover and they click and lock. With the NH, I have to slide the coupler ring back and then insert the male coupler in to the female. When I do that, the locking ring dosn't seem to come all the way back. I can still see the locking balls in the female coupler.

Could it be that the NH requires diffferent male couplers? I've checked my owners manual and there is nothing there that I could find. I've checked the hard copy parts manual and the on-line parts manual and there is no info on the coupler type. I checked the shop manual and there's no info on male coupler requirementss. I asked the NH dealer ands it will take a day or two for them to get an answer. This Forum might be much quicker.

Can anybody out there shed some light on the subject?

My guess is the old Ford couplers are non-ISO 5675 couplers and they are also "breakaway" couplers. I think the NH couplers are ISO 5675 compliant and are maybe "non-breakaway" and so require a slightly different tip than the Pioneer tips I have for the old Ford.

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Hydraulic Couplers #2  
I pulled the bales spinner off the Ford 4610 so I could mount the post driver on the Ford. Since winter seems to still be with us in Western Montana, I put the bale spinner on the NH TD95D so I can feed the cows. I just assumed the male couplers are compatible with the newer tractors couplers. On the Ford, I just shove the couplers through the dust cover and they click and lock. With the NH, I have to slide the coupler ring back and then insert the male coupler in to the female. When I do that, the locking ring dosn't seem to come all the way back. I can still see the locking balls in the female coupler.

Could it be that the NH requires diffferent male couplers? I've checked my owners manual and there is nothing there that I could find. I've checked the hard copy parts manual and the on-line parts manual and there is no info on the coupler type. I checked the shop manual and there's no info on male coupler requirementss. I asked the NH dealer ands it will take a day or two for them to get an answer. This Forum might be much quicker.

Can anybody out there shed some light on the subject?

My guess is the old Ford couplers are non-ISO 5675 couplers and they are also "breakaway" couplers. I think the NH couplers are ISO 5675 compliant and are maybe "non-breakaway" and so require a slightly different tip than the Pioneer tips I have for the old Ford.

Thanks in advance for any help.
There are actually two types of push-pull couplers. One that allows you to engage a coupler while the hydraulic system is under pressure and on that will only allow you to engage a male coupler when the system is de-pressurized. The old Fords take a Pioneer 8010-4P male coupler. The newer female couplers work with the either 8010-4(ball) or the 8010-4P(poppet) male couplers.