hydraulic couplers what do i need?

/ hydraulic couplers what do i need? #1  

john m

Tractor
cub cadet 149
i have been trying to find a 7/8 ORB fitting for my haldex pump to run my loader. i want to use 37 jic reuseable fittings on the hoses for the pump to the valve and reservoir. i came across these fittings but they are listed as #14 SAE is that the same as fractional values? i want to run 3/4 Inch supply hoses on the pump and 3/8 off the working ports. any help on this.

/ hydraulic couplers what do i need?
i have several pages on that site book marked, but that is the ORFS fittings. my pump is 7/8 ORB Female ports.

/ hydraulic couplers what do i need? #4  
i have been trying to find a 7/8 ORB fitting for my haldex pump to run my loader. i want to use 37 jic reuseable fittings on the hoses for the pump to the valve and reservoir. i came across these fittings but they are listed as #14 SAE is that the same as fractional values? i want to run 3/4 Inch supply hoses on the pump and 3/8 off the working ports. any help on this.

The #14 refers to 16ths." in size. #14 = 14/16 = 7/8. #12 is 3/4, etc. ORB fittings use same thread size and pitch as 37 degree (JIC) flare.

okay, now i understand. i`m going to call them tomorrow and see what i can get, but i need to do some measurements first. thanks

/ hydraulic couplers what do i need? #6  

The dash sizes do refer to 16ths of an inch, but please note that these are nominal sizes, and NOT thread dimensions.

Just as 1/2" NPT (pipe thread) doesn't have a thread OD of 1/2" neither does 1/2" JIC or #8 SAE (O-Ring Boss).

For a break down of nominal sizes, dash sizes, and actual thread dimensions, please see the Fluid Port Size Charts at DiscountHydraulic Hose.com

i`ll call you and see what you have.