Late 1973 Ford 3000 lift problems

/ Late 1973 Ford 3000 lift problems #1  

jdm0125

Tractor
Ford 3000
Hey forum i just signed up because i am having some problems with my ford 3000 lift. I just purchased this tractor last week and am new to the tractor world as far as owning one and repairing of one.

So this is whats it is doing :
When i go to engage the lift it comes up really slow and jumps as it is comming up. I mean slow as it will raise 1/2" every 30 sec to 2 min. From everything that i have read it seams to be low on fluid but i have checked the fluid and it is fine. I have even drained out 5 gal and replaced 5 gal. That seamed to help it out a little but nothing to write home to mom about. I am not sure if there is some kind of filter system somewhere (nothing in plain site). Also it will only lift when the throttle is all the way down. If you increase the throutle it will not lift and if it does it is even slower.

Any help or information that anyone can provide would be greatly appreceated.

/ Late 1973 Ford 3000 lift problems #2  
Sounds to me you need to clean out the suction strainer under the reservoir......it won't be visible unless you drain the tank and pull off the suction hose from pump to tank......

While you are at it check inside the suction pipe/hose for internal collapse....if the problem is the suction screen you could potentially damage the pump.......best to clean out and inspect.......:thumbsup:

/ Late 1973 Ford 3000 lift problems #3  
If it's a collapsed suction hose, make sure it is the proper type "suction hose" not regular hyd hose or radiator hose.......

/ Late 1973 Ford 3000 lift problems
Thank you for the I impute I will try it out and see what happens. As for my hose it is a metal line.

/ Late 1973 Ford 3000 lift problems
once I got the lift cover off I found about 3" of sludge at the bottom. My suction line filter is cover in it and my return line filter is broke. I managed to get the return line out but how do you get the suction line out so you can reach the end of the filter? Do I have to remove the pto shaft?

/ Late 1973 Ford 3000 lift problems #6  
Thank you for the I impute I will try it out and see what happens. As for my hose it is a metal line.

yes you have to