Massey Ferguson 135 Hyd Pump Problems

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Hyd Pump Problems #1  

farmguy52

I am doing some restoration on a late 60' or so MF 135. I had to do some work on the Hyd Pump. Replaced the cam blocks, the cam block follower the pump pistons and o-rings where we went into the pump.
We did all the settings for the linkage under the lift cover before reinstalling.
Pump pumps fine but, when both the Draft and the Position controls are moved toward full up position, the pump overloads, goes to knocking, foaming the oil in the reservoir and will choke the engine down. I really believe something would break if this was done at more than an engine idle.
We have pulled the cover back off several times, rechecked all measurements under the cover and the same results. I have talked to a couple of retired mechanics and so far no help. I am desperate to get this project finished. If you can help me please respond.
When either of the controls are left half way down the qudrant or more, the other can be carried to the top with no problem. And, it does not seem to matter which one is lowered and which one is raised in this way.
Farmguy

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 135 Hyd Pump Problems #2  
Wish I could help but I have not yet tried to fix the hydraulic pump on my 135 yet. I am just getting by. I can relate one thing though. On my Kubota, I have two controls, one sends the fluid to a remote( my FEL) or internal to 3PTH operation. The second control raises and lowers the 3pth. In order to use the FEL, I switch the hydraulic flow to the remote setting and then lift up on the 3PTH lever and leave it there. Should I try and switch back to internal flow setting without setting the 3PTH lever to neutral, I get all kinds of noises.

So I guess my question is, do you have a remote vavle approx. right thigh location in front of seat and what is it set at? On my 135 its verticle for 3PTH operation and forward for aux. Just a guess as in reality my draft control does nothing in any position on the 135 :) And the whole system pulsates. Its like having a jack hammer when operating my backhoe.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Hyd Pump Problems #3  
try to contact farmwithjunk.. a member here with lots of MF experience.

soundguy

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Hyd Pump Problems #4  
G'day it sounds to me like you are moving the levers into constant pumping which was used to supply oil to rear remotes the knocking noise you have got is the pump working very hard to go over relief and is not recommended. You should be able to bolt a stop in the lever arc to prevent you accidentally pulling both levers into the position

Jon