Kubota LA450 FEL Gland Nut Cracked

/ Kubota LA450 FEL Gland Nut Cracked #1  

cytafex

Tractor
Kubota L2950
After using my Kubota L2950 recently I noticed the seal partially poping out of the cylinder that lifts the loader. I stuffed it back in and it seemed to leak just a bit. The next day I used the loader and noticed not only was it leaking but the gland nut had a crack in it. I took the cylinder to Bacon Sales in Williamsburg MA and they said would be 4-5 days if they had to get parts. It's 2 weeks now and they say they are not able to find a gland nut. Any ideas where to acquire one? Thanks in advance Larry

/ Kubota LA450 FEL Gland Nut Cracked #2  
If it's not avail through Kubota, It'll have to be custom machined using ductile iron raw material

/ Kubota LA450 FEL Gland Nut Cracked
Not virgin material I hope!

Trying to check with Kubota...maybe I should try and call?

/ Kubota LA450 FEL Gland Nut Cracked #5  
I use MB Tractor up this way......or Chappell, or TownLine Equip.....

Best to find out part number and start calling.......

Messicks probably still a better bet.....

/ Kubota LA450 FEL Gland Nut Cracked #6  
Yours would look different, but making one is not impossible.....maybe not cost effective for you, but not impossible......

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 254
Thanks for the suggestions. Bacon said they may have another cylinder to replace mine as they said parts are not available and will see tomorrow

after 3 weeks and $300 Bacon's Equipment finally came through with a used cylinder for the Kubota and I was able to move some wood with it.