Not so quick attach loader

/ Not so quick attach loader #1  

zmansmac

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
I've owned my Kubota CUT for 8 years now and have had the loader on and off over a hundred times with no issues. But yesterday when I went to attach it I couldn't get 3 of the 4 quick connects to fully engage. I carefully took a blunt steel dowel and tried to push in the pin on the loader side connector to relieve any pressure but couldn't. I finally temporarily loosened one of the fittings on the loader where the line "Ts" off to see if relieving the pressure would allow me to make the connection, and it did. So I did the same with the other 2 lines and got the loader connected. My loader was not in direct sunlight but our temps here in Michigan reached 90 degrees and I wondered if that may have caused this problem. The loader was off for about a week and I always cycle the joystick after powering the tractor down and disconnecting the lines. I was wondering if this is a common occurrence and/or is there something I can do to prevent this situation in the future.:confused:

JohnZ
B7500

/ Not so quick attach loader #2  
Yes, that is very common.The dowel thing usually works, but if not, do as you did.

For the attachment,

You could make a dummy plug and put a PVC fitting on the QD to catch any leakage. Plug this into the QD and no pressure will build up

/ Not so quick attach loader
Thanks for the advice J.J. I like the idea about the dummy plugs.

JohnZ
B7500