deutz 3 point will not lift

/ deutz 3 point will not lift #1  

kita999999

Tractor
1968 deutz 4006
my 3 point stopped lifting last weekend, its done this before but started working again after a couple min. this time itnever started again. frontloader works fine, seems to beno fluid getting to the cylinder any ideas where the problem starts

/ deutz 3 point will not lift #2  
Welcome to TBN.

Is there possibly a little lever or knob which slows (and if turned far enough) stop the action of the linkage.

Or a draft control lever?

BTW where are you?

/ deutz 3 point will not lift
draft is locked off like it has been for years theres no turn knob, this started being a problem once in a while about 6 months ago leave it run a hhile and it would start working again, but this time it never started again. changed the fluid,poped the top pretty simple system raise handle pushes and pulls a plunger,from there you cant tell the f[uid routing because its all in a cast housing. on the front of this housing there is a plug right in front of the plunger, it has oil pressure, just above it is a spring loaded needle valve it has oil pressure just to the right is a spring loaded needle valve and this one has no oil pressure,the one with no oil pressure is the onemoving towards the cylinder that would raise the 3 point

/ deutz 3 point will not lift #4  
I would think that if the FEL is working, then the fluid must passing through all the valves, so since the fluid is passing through the 3pt valve to tank, then the 3pt lever is not working the valve, or you have a large leak in the 3pt cyl. Install a gage in the system and let us know what pressure you read when activating the 3pt lever. Use the FEL pressure as a reference.

/ deutz 3 point will not lift #5  
If the pump is working then that valve is plugged some where internally, more than likely with crud that was sucked/pushed into it. Before it was drained and refilled it probably had old fluid in it that was contaminated with moisture. The best thing to do is pull pump/valve and disassemble, inspect and clean. Probably has some pitting on check valve or plunger that needs to be taken care of. It is a pretty simple set up. Needs to be flushed and cleaned. If you do tap it to get it working again it will just do it again. Make sure to clean/flush the rockshaft lines/assembly too. Diesel works well use some air and some elbow grease and you will have no problems. I recommend against permatex/silicone based sealants as it will deteriorate and fall into the reservoir and get sucked it o the system, use some brakeclean to prep the mating surface and a paper gasket with gasket shellac (Indian Head is what I use). You can make a gasket from a heavy paper like a brown paper bag/card stock or spend a couple bucks and buy the material just depends on budget and how big it needs to be

/ deutz 3 point will not lift
this sounds like a plan it'll be sunday befor i can attack it again i drive trk got 5 days out ,looks like a really simple system but never working with it when it was working i dont know what to expect out of these check valves now that its not working or what to expect them to do to make it work right. maybe sunday if i dont get results i can attach some pics that'll make it a little easier to understand what i'm dealing with.

Last edited:
   / deutz 3 point will not lift #7  
Hi,

I have a similar problem on mine, were you able to get it working?

Mark Capps