Kubota front loader problem

/ Kubota front loader problem #1  

70redbee

Tractor
kubota l 3300
Hi All, I am new to the forum needing advise on a Kubota L3300 with a LA480 loader. When I attempt to lower the front bucket, it will not lower. It raises fine tilts and works great except lowering. If I curl the bucket while lowering, it will come down. I have removed and cleaned the control at the handle and it worked for a few minutes then back to the same problem. Can anyone help me. Thanks

/ Kubota front loader problem #2  
Some times the quick disconnects will seem seated when they are not. This has happened to me. Enough to feel seated but not enough to allow flow. Try reconnecting the quick disconnects.

/ Kubota front loader problem #3  
Mr. 70
I had the exact issue when I first bought my new B7800 and it took me a while to figure that one out too. Next time that happens to you just take a quick look at your raise/lower 3 point hitch lever, it may be out of position. If you have it in the lift position, your loader will do exactly as you said. I couldn't understand why my loader was performing that way when I first bought my tractor but once my dealer told me the cause, it never happened to me again. Hope this helps you
Dan

/ Kubota front loader problem #4  
If the FEL is getting fluid first after the pump, it is unlikely that the 3pt would affect anything. The 3pt is usually the last component in the fluid path. Now the FEL can affect the 3pt by using all the pump flow.

/ Kubota front loader problem #5  
If the FEL is getting fluid first after the pump, it is unlikely that the 3pt would affect anything. The 3pt is usually the last component in the fluid path. Now the FEL can affect the 3pt by using all the pump flow.

I've seen it effect the FEL when the 3PH lever is in the "UP" position and the 3PH goes into full relief.......the FEL will not go down like normal cuz it needs to return through the 3PH.....

That being said, QC's not connected will do the same as the OP'r problem...

/ Kubota front loader problem #6  
I've seen it effect the FEL when the 3PH lever is in the "UP" position and the 3PH goes into full relief.......the FEL will not go down like normal cuz it needs to return through the 3PH.....

That being said, QC's not connected will do the same as the OP'r problem...

My thoughts are that if the FEL is using all or most of the fluid, the 3pt will not get any or very little. If the 3pt is in the up position, any fluid the 3pt gets is bypassed to the reservoir or relieved. Any fluid used by the FEL valve with PB, is passed out the OUT port of the FEL valve to tank.

If fluid can not leave the 3pt valve, fast enough, back pressure could build up, and reflect back to the FEL valve.

I am not sure what the effect would be if the FEL valve only has an OUT/TANK port feeding the 3pt when in the up position. It would be how much fluid the bypass mode will let out to the tank.

If the QD's are blocked/unplugged, the relief should go off. The QD's could be partially blocked and slow things down.

I sure wished everyone would use a hyd gage. I believe it would help answer/solve about 50 % of the problems.

If you know what the pressure is supposed to be, and if it is not there, then you have a starting point for trouble shooting.

Last edited:
   / Kubota front loader problem #7  
Go for your quick disconnects!

/ Kubota front loader problem #8  
This may help your problem. on the front hydraulic block for the L2900 3300 3600 4200 series of Kubotas where the hoses for the FEL. attach Looking in the repair book there is a Note.( When the implement is not attached,turn slit on the spool end to the horizontal position fully.).
So when the FEL is attached the slit should be vertical and when removed the slit should be Horizontal. This is located just in front of the filter . wouldn't hurt to look and see if properly set.
ken

/ Kubota front loader problem #9  
70redbee,

Does the FEL valve have PB?

He hasn't replied back, so he must have fixed it, or don't care.

It is just good manners to let everyone know how and if things got fixed.

/ Kubota front loader problem #10  
I have removed and cleaned the control at the handle and it worked for a few minutes then back to the same problem

Maybe look at the control system again looking for wear or adjustment's that are required.:)

On my Kubota B7100 I wore out three sets of joystick controllers.

The Kubota B7100 HST didn't move the loader if the three point lever wasn't in the proper position.:)