PTO pump quick connect

/ PTO pump quick connect #1  

RiZak

Tractor
kubota L1802DT
Hello all!

Last year I grew tired of the flow given by the hydraulic pump on the tractor so I installed a PTO pump to run the back hoe. I could not figure out a place to install a tank on the tractor itself so I installed a tank on the bh. Not wanting to starve the pump and in a little hurry to enjoy 9 GPM instead of 4.5 I just connected the tank straight to the pump with a 1" suction hose.

Now, twice this year alone I removed the BH. So I also had to remove the pump. This is a pain since there is no room between the BH and the tractor to pull off the pump. I have to move the tractor a couple inches many times after the BH is off. Also, no room to install longer hoses...

I have a quick connection on the pressure side and I wonder if there would be something availlable for the suction side. This would allow the pump to be used with other implements I have or planning to get sooner or later.

in the mean time, if somebody have a good idea on where I could install a 15 gallon tank on a kubota L1802DT (I did'nt know it was a gray market when I purchased) I would be more than happy.

Zak

Attachments

• Kubota L1802DT.jpg
    Kubota L1802DT.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 381
   / PTO pump quick connect #2  
Yes there is - pricey, but available:

Hydraulic Quick Disconnects

I suspect the problem will be the restriction that any of these impose in the line.

IOW, a fitting for a 1" (I.D.) hose may have something less than a 1" hole inside, therefore a restriction .... not exactly what one wants on a suction line.

/ PTO pump quick connect #3  
behind the seat maybee.ie inbetween the rops, above the toplink area..

soundguy

/ PTO pump quick connect #4  
I'd just use a hose-nipple & a camlock of whatever size you want.
A ball-valve just before the camlock on the hose end for pump would minimize oil loss when disconnecting.

A standard camlock should be fine....since no pressure on suction line. You already have hose rated as a suction hose I imagine?

/ PTO pump quick connect #5  
The tank on mine is under the backhoe and the hoses are long enough I back up close and hook the pump and engage the pto, then back up real close and use the hoe to line up to connect to 3pt.