Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #1  

nctre

Tractor
John Deere 3320
Hello, I have a 2008 3320 John Deere tractor with a 300cx loader. When I purchased the tractor new the loader would pick up a full bucket of gravel, or nearly anything that I needed moved. Also I purchased the backhoe option for the tractor. Now the tractor has about 280 hours, the loader will barely lift it own weight and the 3pt hitch has lost some power as well. The dealer taught up how to put the backhoe on the tractor with the 3pt arms but now it will not lift the loader into position. I was wondering what could cause the loader and the 3pt hitch to loose it lifting power. Any suggestions or is it time to replace the pump?

Best Regards,
Trent

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #2  
Install a hyd gage in the system and see if the pressures are correct. You should know what the original specs are, such as for the PRV. If the pressures are good, then you probably have some worn components.

If any of the relief valves are leaking, you would lose some pressure.

Last edited:
   / Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #3  
I have some things for you to check, since a pressure gauge for 2500 psi isn't exactly common. Check Hyd. oil level, check all of your quick connects,(shouldn't affect 3 pt, but check them anyway) possibly change hyd. filter if it hasn't been done recently. If your tractor has a variable flow for your hydraulics, make sure that is turned up. If none of those work follow JJ's suggestion and it will help you diagnose what is going on.
Good luck!

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #4  
Also check the suction hose. It did this on my Kubota, pissed me off royally. Changed the fluid still nothing. My suction hose was painted so I couldn't see that it was all cracked up. Good luck

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #5  
Also check the suction hose. It did this on my Kubota, pissed me off royally. Changed the fluid still nothing. My suction hose was painted so I couldn't see that it was all cracked up. Good luck

Had a fuel problem like that, a cracked fuel hose was sucking air but never leaked any fuel. Great idea!

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #6  
I think I would remove the hydraulic lines to the backhoe and put them back to their normal configuration and then test the FEL. You probably won't be able to test the 3PH with the backhoe physically attached, but if you put all the hoses back to the normal configuration and the loader has power, you've isolated where the problem is. Is it possible you connected the backhoe wrong and all the hydraulic fluid is being dumped directly to the reservoir or return? I'm just SWAGing this because I'm surely not a JD expert.

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #7  
The OP hasn't replied back, so he must have fixed it.

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #8  
The OP hasn't replied back, so he must have fixed it.

I'm wondering if it wasn't something that was over looked and kind of embarassing. For example: The other day I spent 6 hours swapping out an air brake pedal trying to solve the locked up brakes on an old '66 mack truck. After all that labor working in a severely akward position, the problem wasn't solved, so I went back into the trouble shooting mode to find out someone had left the column brake lever engaged. I pushed it back into the up position and just like that, the problem was solved. Oops.

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #9  
I'm wondering if it wasn't something that was over looked and kind of embarassing.

It could be, but there are a lot of "one-posters" on TBN who seem to be testing the waters and then not responding back. Whether you call them 1-post-wonders, drive-by posters, or whatever, they post a question and are never heard from again. My theory is they either figure out the problem or they are intimidated by all the questions people ask while trying to help them. Some folks obviously struggle with writing and that may also be an issue. For whatever reason, if we give the best answer we can or at least try to help, we've done our part. As you probably know, J_J and I are not known for being shy.:)

/ Front loader and rear lift not raising correctly #10  
On my JD, when I install the hoses on the BH, the 3pth is taken out of the circuit. I'm wondering if things were plumbed in right?