Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump

/ Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
I got this pump from another guy. I'm thinking about using it on a trailer, but I'd like to know the pressure and flow specs on it to help plan the trailer. I tried to look it up, but only got one hit in German and one in Chinese.

I wondered if the specs are somehow decoded in the part number. I figured if anyone knew it would be someone in this forum.

The pump is a boat trim pump from Parker Hydraulics, Oildyne Division.

108AMS32-CLL-1V-20-20-Y

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• HPIM5215.JPG
    HPIM5215.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 2,409
  • HPIM5214.JPG
    HPIM5214.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 1,144
   / Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump #2  
I got this pump from another guy. I'm thinking about using it on a trailer, but I'd like to know the pressure and flow specs on it to help plan the trailer. I tried to look it up, but only got one hit in German and one in Chinese.

I wondered if the specs are somehow decoded in the part number. I figured if anyone knew it would be someone in this forum.

The pump is a boat trim pump from Parker Hydraulics, Oildyne Division.

108AMS32-CLL-1V-20-20-Y

Thanks in advance for any help.
Parker Hannifin eConfiguratorTM

Sun Jun 19 2011 18:24:25 GMT-0500 (CDT)

Model Code: 108AMS32-CLL-1V-20-20

eConfigured Product Summary
Series 108 Power Unit - includes relief valve(s)
Motor Selection AM = 12 vdc, Series Wound
Pump Type S (standard)
Pump Size 32 = .327 (.0321 cipr displacement)
Reservoir Size C = 46 cubic inch (26 cu. in. usable)
Circuit Type LL = Reversible Locking circuit (dual POCV)
Ports Size 1 = 7/16-20 (SAE-4 O-Ring)
Mounting Orientation V = Vertical mount (motor up, reservoir down)
Relief Valve Setting for LH (UP) port 20 = 2000 psi
Relief Valve Setting for RH (DN) port 20 = 2000 psi

/ Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump #3  
God oldnslo I have worked with these pumps for years and never could find out all the spec on them. I have had many apart for repair.

Iplayfarmer; It well be way to slow for you. On the merc I.O,s the cyl is only 1" and it runs 2 of them and it is slow. I can tell you its a gear pump and the gears are about the size of a dime, maybe a hair thicker.

/ Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump
God oldnslo I have worked with these pumps for years and never could find out all the spec on them. I have had many apart for repair.

Iplayfarmer; It well be way to slow for you. On the merc I.O,s the cyl is only 1" and it runs 2 of them and it is slow. I can tell you its a gear pump and the gears are about the size of a dime, maybe a hair thicker.

I'm planning on running 2 cylinders that are 1 inch. They have a 10" stroke. It's for a tilt trailer. I don't need a lot of force to tilt the deck. I need to go back through oldnslo's specs and see if I can calculate flow from any of those numbers. There's a cubic inch per displacement number in there, but I don't see a displacements per minute number.

Oldnslo; How did you get that information? Is it somewhere online or do you have to be a member of some exclusive club to access those specs.

/ Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump #5  
For once I did a search and actually found what i was looking for on the 1st or 2nd attempt. I am going to try and attach a pdf document showing some of the info on these units. They have a limited duty cycle so try not to operate them for extended periods of time. I could not find any exact specs on what the duty cycle is though.

Roy

Attachments

• 01 - 108 Series power units.pdf
    634.1 KB · Views: 524
   / Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump #6  
Thanks Roy for pdf file. Lee

/ Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump #7  
Iplayfarmer

I have a boat that I have to work on today with that pump. I well time it for you, from all the way in to all the way out. I think I know about what you are doing, how big is the trailer? Lee

Iplayfarmer

I have a boat that I have to work on today with that pump. I well time it for you, from all the way in to all the way out. I think I know about what you are doing, how big is the trailer? Lee

That would be great if you would do that. Let me know the cylinder diameter and stroke if you would. Then if you can get me the in and out times, I can figure what my tilt time would be.

This is the trailer... http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/177216-what-axle-do-i-have.html It's a 16 foot flatbed for hauling my little CUT and lawn mowers around. I haul the occasional load of hay, but I don't usually tilt it for that.

I need about 10 degrees of tilt. At 2,000 PSI, the angle and position of the cylinders as I have them planned will give 2,000 pounds of vertical force. On this tilt trailer, I think that will be plenty.

If this pump will be too slow on the tilt trailer, I may swap it for the Monarch I have on my little home made dump cart I built for my lawn tractor.

For once I did a search and actually found what i was looking for on the 1st or 2nd attempt. I am going to try and attach a pdf document showing some of the info on these units. They have a limited duty cycle so try not to operate them for extended periods of time. I could not find any exact specs on what the duty cycle is though.

Roy

I took a look at that attachment, and on page 7 there are some charts with flow data. It looks like my pump with a .327 motor and 2,000 psi relief has a flow of about 100 cu in./minute. My two one inch rams with 10 inch stroke take almost 16 cu. in. That means it will take 0.16 minutes or about 10 seconds to tilt the deck.

I can live with that.

Now I'm toying with the idea of adding a wireless remote. I like that idea a lot better than relying on the park brake to keep my tractor in place while I get off to lower the deck.

I'm thinking something like this might work... 12V Wireless 4 Channel Remote control Switch Module - eBay (item 130488962648 end time Jul-19-11 22:10:28 PDT)

With 4 channels, I could maybe even have a winch that is remote controlled too.

It's all a bit of a pipe dream for now. I need to get the trailer remodel finished first. Then I can work on customizing.

/ Help Decoding Specs for a Parker Trim Pump #10  
Iplay,
1) are the cylinders on your tilt trailer going to be single or double acting? If single acting you will still have to run the pump to lower due to the dual Pilot operated checks. You may also have to install some form of flow/speed control on the lower to prevent the system from chattering. The chatter can be caused if the trailer free falls dowm mometarily. The check closes, pilot pressure builds, check opens, trailer free falls, check closes, etc.

2) Pump flow varies with system pressure. These are usually inexpensive motors where the RPM varies with load. In your case I would guess the time to tilt would probably less than 10 seconds under most conditions.

Will you using this in the winter? If yes, you may want to look closely at what the differences are between the winter units and the summer units.

Roy

Last edited: