how do i install rear hydraulic hookups?

/ how do i install rear hydraulic hookups? #1  

brandokw

Tractor
2011 NH T1530; 1942 Farmall M
I have a 2011 NH T1530. I want rear hydraulic hookups. I already have a front loader. What do I do? Dealer wants 1,015 for a valve plus installation. Cant I just T into the front hoses?

/ how do i install rear hydraulic hookups? #2  
I have a 2011 NH T1530. I want rear hydraulic hookups. I already have a front loader. What do I do? Dealer wants 1,015 for a valve plus installation. Cant I just T into the front hoses?

Doesn't quite work that way. Do some searching here and you will find everything you need to know so that you can get this done. Depending on what you actually want, but expect it will cost you about a grand in materials by the time that you are done.

Good luck

/ how do i install rear hydraulic hookups? #3  

Nope. YOu should use the "power beyond" port on the FEL valve to run high pressure to your rear remote hydraulic valve. The return line (low pressure) from the rear remote can be Teed into the low pressure line from your FEL valve and the sump. There's a metal sleeve that has to be inserted in the PB port to get this setup to work properly.

Use the TBN search on "power beyond" for detailed info.

/ how do i install rear hydraulic hookups? #4  
If your system is an open center system, all the valves have to be in series to handle the pressure developed by the system in operation. You can add valves in series to a valve that has PB, and if your valve is say the second valve, then it also must have PB to pass the flow. All returns to tank can be connected together as this is a low pressure flow.

Do it your self by rounding up all the parts, and doing your homework, and you will save about half. The new valve should be able to handle the pump flow.

Some valves need a PB kit to utilize the power beyond port. PB

Here is a sample 14 GPM valve. If your GPM's are less, then the cost may be less.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7977&catname=hydraulic

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7863&catname=hydraulic

/ how do i install rear hydraulic hookups? #5  
There is enough information posted here on this subject to keep you reading for months, but to be honest, $1k doesn't sound that bad... I'm sure I spent that to do it myself when all was said and done.

/ how do i install rear hydraulic hookups? #6  
To install the valve, find the hose going to the 3pt, and connect that to the input of the new valve, the PB outlet will go to the 3pt valve. The tank port can connect to the other tank return hose. Add some QD's, set the relief, and tidy things up and be done.