spear / Rod damage

/ spear / Rod damage #1  

pete928

Tractor
nuffield 10/60
Hi i have hit some power lines with the bucket ram on my digger and damaged the spear, i have filed off the high spot but now need to fill the hollows which are approx 1mm deep. Has any one have any smart ideas what I could use to do this to avoid replacing the spear?

/ spear / Rod damage #2  
Hi i have hit some power lines with the bucket ram on my digger and damaged the spear, i have filed off the high spot but now need to fill the hollows which are approx 1mm deep. Has any one have any smart ideas what I could use to do this to avoid replacing the spear?

Welcome to the forums!!!!
Your question is a little vague.
What type of equipment are you referring too?
Do you mean the tooth on your bucket?
Or is it an auger like on a post hole digger and messed up the lead screw?

I its either of those 1mm isn't much to worry about.

I'm not sure were you are but don't you have to call a locating service before digging? It will relieve a lot of liability and hazard of operating a machine.

tom

/ spear / Rod damage #3  
I think he means he got into overhead power lines with the bucket cylinder on a backhoe, and it arced to the chrome rod.. If it's pitted too bad you may have to replace the rod or get it re-chromed. No reliable way to build it up other than spray welding as far as I know.

Sean

/ spear / Rod damage
Yea Chilly 807 your thoughts are similar to mine but was hopeing for an easy fix, and you are right about the over head lines, 2 lines got the barrel and one hit the rod. "Bugger"

I'm down under in New Zealand
Cheers Pete