Hesston 845 Round Baler Problem

/ Hesston 845 Round Baler Problem #1  

Timm250

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 w/1600 hrs., Case Farmall 95 w/800 hrs., Long 2510 w/1100 hrs, Cat 236B2 Skidsteer w/1000 hrs
I have a Hesston 845 baler with the hydraulic bale tension. Sometimes when I am baling the pressure will suddenly drop & the belts will slip. There doesn'r seem to be any particular time when this happens. It is just sudden & if you hit the remote lever to pressure it back up it will pressure up & may not loose pressure again for several bales or it may loose pressure in the next minute. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this. I have rebuilt all of teh hydraulic cylinders & replaced 2 check valves on the hyd valve body.

/ Hesston 845 Round Baler Problem #2  
Speaking in general.

If you think the cyl are good, and the cyl leaks down, I would suspect the lever center springs weak or loose. If a spool is leaking, it will probably leak all the time, or when the fluid is hot.

If you are trying to hold a cyl, you might try adding a needle valve to shut off the flow. If the cyl still leaks, then it is the piston seals.

/ Hesston 845 Round Baler Problem #3  
Do you have a hydraulic schematic for this baler?

Some of these balers use a combination of valves for density control. Does yours have the option of the center being would looser then the outside of the bale? If yes possibly one of the valves during this transition is sticking.

Other balers use a relief valve for tension control. If there is a piece of crud floating around in this valve it could also randomly jam open and cause all of the tension to be released.

HTH

Roy

/ Hesston 845 Round Baler Problem
There are separate controls for the center & outside bale density. I have tried removing the check valves & flow control and letting hyd fluid flush these out. It has not helped. The one for the center bale density usually gives me the most problems.

/ Hesston 845 Round Baler Problem #5  
Probably why I have a NH 780. The bale tension can be locked in on the balier itself.

/ Hesston 845 Round Baler Problem #6  
There are separate controls for the center & outside bale density. I have tried removing the check valves & flow control and letting hyd fluid flush these out. It has not helped. The one for the center bale density usually gives me the most problems.

With dual density there has to be some form of sensor that lets the controls when to switch from inner to outer density control. Again not sure on your machine if this mechanical or electro-mechanical I.e. limit switch.

You may want to look for and at this sensor to see if it is occasionally binding or has chaff (spelling) jaming it from time to time.

intermittant problems are the worst to solve.

Roy