satoh beaver s370d front loader issues

/ satoh beaver s370d front loader issues #1  

firebirdfan78

Tractor
satoh beaver
I have a s370d satoh beaver and i installed a front end loader. I had to have a valve made for that bolts on the rear pto high pressure line. It has two quick connect fittings that i was told i need to just hook one on the resivoir and one one the valve one the loader. I did that and it blew a line so i thought i had the lines backwards well that didnt work either any sugestion

/ satoh beaver s370d front loader issues #2  
I am assuming that your system is an open center, so here is the flow path with a FEL valve.

From pump into the P port of the FEL valve. Out of the FEL OUT port to the 3pt. If your FEL valve has PB port, then the PB port is used to pass the hyd flow downstream to the 3pt. The OUT goes to tank/reservoir. All valves should be in series.

It sounds like you dead headed the pump, and something is going to burst.

I don't understand the rear high pressure PTO lines.

Can you give anymore details and pictures.

/ satoh beaver s370d front loader issues
Ok i got it hooked up right but the loader wont move. Does this mean i am air bound?

I dont have pictures.on my tractor there is a small and a big steel line. The small line is the high pressure line it comes off the pump on the motor and bolt on the housing for the rear pto.the valve i had made from a satoh dealer had 2 holes in it one supply and one return so i was told. So i added 14 foot of new hydro lines so i know there is air in the system not sure how to get it out

/ satoh beaver s370d front loader issues #5  
If you have the hoses and valves hooked up right, and the loader still will not move, then you still have something not right, or something is not working.

Have you installed a hyd gage in the system?

Is the pump turning?
Is there fluid at the input to the first valve?
Is there a complete path for the fluid to flow from pump to tank?

To remove air from a cyl, just cycle the cyl a few times. The high pressure line should not have any air in it if there is fluid flow. As soon as you start the tractor, the hyd pump is pumping at the GPM rate of the hyd pump.

Are all the hoses connected so as to have flow from pump to the tank?

I do not have a guage hooked in.**** it i wish i knew what i was talking about. I will go buy a guage and install it. I know the pump it working cause the rear pto still works. I dont know if this will help but the 2 lever valve on the loader has 2 ports that say in and out. I will try and switch them at the quick connects on the new valve. When u say center hydro what does that mean?

/ satoh beaver s370d front loader issues #7  
Some pictures would definitely help.

If you only have a two hole valve, with only a P-port and OUT-port, and four work ports, the line from the pump should go to the P port, and the OUT port would connect to the line going to the back for the 3pt.

What is the larger line connected to?

What position is the 3pt lever? Should not be at the top, but slightly down.

A hyd gage will give you the clues you need.

Last edited:
Hey jj i got it working. My wife thanks you now she can stop listening to me complain.

/ satoh beaver s370d front loader issues #9  
Glad you got it working.

/ satoh beaver s370d front loader issues #10  
can you post some pictures of the loader setup? Did you use a block on both sides of the 3 point (big and little lines)? I'm looking for a small loader for mine. I just had the hyd system all apart so I know what block you are talking about and was thinking about just making my own block to tap into the hydraulics