Adding Rear remotes

/ Adding Rear remotes #101  
glukowicz,

I am not following you here about the gage on the tank side. You normally can not get to the OUT of the 3pt as it just dumps to tank. Any gage on the tank side of any valve is going to read low or none, as the fluid is just flowing with no blockage on the other side of the valve.

Where does the remote valve connect back to the tractor? Did you use PB on the remote to connect back to the tractor?

Do you have a switch of any kind that you need to switch when using the hyd block.

/ Adding Rear remotes #102  
Have you checked the pressure coming from the loader back to the tractor? I know on my little tractor the loader is first in line to recieve fluid. I can start lifting the 3pt and then grab the joystick on the loader. The 3pt will stop until I release the loader control. Assuming yours works the same, it would be worth checking.

You said the 3pt quit. Is it stuck at full height, on the ground or what? Just curious.

/ Adding Rear remotes
To JJ:
The remote goes back to the 3 pt hitch, Yes I did use PB on the remote. Everything was working, FEL, remote and 3 pt hitch. All reached relief pressure of 2250 and held. Then I parked it with rear blade atteched and now all but 3 pt hitch works.

To Bulldog;
It is approximately 1/2 way because rear blade is attached. The FEL Valve and the remotes are spring loaded and come back to center.

/ Adding Rear remotes #104  
If everything was working before, with the remote installed, then there is no good reason that the 3pt will not work now. Do you still have the gage installed?

Activate a lever to max out the cyl on each valve one at a time and see if they all have pressure.

Can you see the hose going to the 3pt, and if so, remove it and see if the fluid flows out of that hose into bucket with tractor running.

With all levers in neutral, Start the tractor and only run the tractor for a couple of sec, just to see flow out of the hose . If you don't have any flow, you need to see where the fluid is going.

Last edited:
   / Adding Rear remotes #105  
I agree with JJ. You have to see where your fluid is going. I'm thinking the last place you can get to after the loader and remotes going into the tractor is the key.

/ Adding Rear remotes
I actually unhooked the 3 pt hitch intake line and there was fluid coming out. I then took the remote valve out of the flow and replumbed to original flow, pump-FEL-3 pt hitch and FEL directly to tank. The 3 pt hitch did not work. The lever for the 3 pt hitch has no resistance and the linkage that I can see is working.

So if I replumbed to original flow and 3 pt hitch didn't work, doesn't that mean something else is causing the problem? Also remember I used the tractor after adding the remote and everything worked.

/ Adding Rear remotes #107  
If you have flow to the 3pt and it is not working, then you should look into the 3pt assembly for the cause.

The 3pt lever is supposed to redirect the fluid into the 3pt cyl until you lower the lever a little to take it out of relief.

If the relief was open you would get no pressure .

If the 3pt piston had a hole in it it would not work.

If the seals were really bad you would have very little oro no pressure. pressure.

If the safety relief was blown, no pressure.

Do you have an owners manual, a parts manual, or hyd schematic? .

/ Adding Rear remotes
I have an owners manual, but no service or parts manual. I have looked on line w/o finding anything. I may be able to get a dealer, there aren't any with in 2 hours from me, to fax me a hydraulic flow diagram or a parts schematic of 3 pt hitch.

/ Adding Rear remotes #109  
I'm assuming your tractor has a quick attach loader. Have you tried to unhook the loader even if you don't remove it, just unhook the lines so there will be nothing but the hydraulic system being used on the tractor? That way you can eliminate everything but the 3pt system.

/ Adding Rear remotes
No I havent tried that. But if my remote valve is working and that is downstream from the FEL, it is getting flow. So if I remove the remote from the flow and hook it up directly to the 3 pt hitch from the FEL, it would be getting the same flow. Right?