Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: Adding Rear remotes

I would go ahead and draw out the hyd from the pump to the 3pt. Then if you need to interrupt a hyd line to add another valve, you will know where to cut the line or just re-route the supply. Keep in mind, that all valves should be in series.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kama554; 92 Belarus 250AS

Lately I have been finding better deals at Bailey's than at Surplus Center.
    Directional Control Valves 220-907 Detailed Information
    Hydraulic Cylinder Components, Products
    If your Branson 3820I is rated at 8.4gpm, a 10gpm valve will give you better control than one rated for higher flow.

Just to add to JJ's good advice, the hydraulic supply loop likely goes from pump to loader valve to 3ph valve which is mounted directly to the hydraulic reservoir. The port on the loader valve that is connected to the 3ph valve is called a Power Beyond port. The loader valve should also have a low pressure return line going directly to the reservoir. The return port is typically labelled "out." Get a control valve set up for power beyond, route the flow from the loader power beyond port to the "in" port on the new valve, route flow from the power beyond port on the new valve to the 3ph valve, and tee the low pressure return flow from the new valve into the return flow from the loader valve. You can get low pressure hose for the return lines but high pressure hose is easier to find and cheaper in my experience.

If you order a valve from Surplus Center or Baileys, check out the current fittings in your system, do a sketch like JJ says, and note the fitting types and hose lengths. You can order fittings and hoses along with the valve. I personally like to use the stock hoses with nptf fittings and buy adapters as needed.

Brad
    2006 Kama 554, 92 Belarus 250AS, Bombardier Outlander Max 400.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    06 Branson 3820i

My Branson is a 3820 and the hydraulics are 6.9. I like JJ's idea better than the one I had. I need just the mount for the valve made and mounted on the ROPS. All the hydraulic lines will be shorter and it will be a cleaner application since it is nearer to the rear of the tractor. I am letting the dealer get me a price for the factory rear remotes bracket. I am going to go to a local hydraulics supply for my hoses and fittings, since I don' t seem to understand the different types. It will become clearer after I buy what I need for the job.

Tractor
    Sold the farm, sold the tractors, moved back to the city

Quote Originally Posted by glukowicz View Post
    I have been reading all the many ways of adding these rear remotes to a tractor. I want to add one to operate a scrape blade to angle and tilt it. My dealer sells a kit for my tractor, a branson, for a single spool for $750, Ouch! In talking further with him he asked, " Do you use your FEL when using the blade?" i said not usually. He said a simple way to accomplish this would be to run more lines from the FEL joystick to the rear with QD's and just disconnect the FEL and connect the new hoses that will control the blade. Now the joystick will control the rear blade. Do you guys see a problem with this if I can live w/o the FEL when using the blade. If really needed I could reattach the FEL.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Here's the triple remote setup on my 2008 Mahindra 5525. Dealer installed when I bought the tractor new--$750 parts and labor.

-dscf0066-small-jpg-dscf0067-small-jpg

Pressure comes from the power beyond port on the FEL control valve. IIRC you have to insert a sleeve in the PB port when using it for remotes.

-dscf0138-small-jpg

-dscf0137-small-jpg

-dscf0208-small-jpg

The return from the remotes is teed into the low pressure line from the FEL valve.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    06 Branson 3820i

Nice job, Flusher. Have you found that mounting to the fender id stable enough?

Tractor

Nice job, Flusher. Have you found that mounting to the fender id stable enough?
    No problem--Mahindra uses real steel in their tractors, not thin sheet metal or (gasp) plastic, so those hydraulic parts are tied down solidly.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    06 Branson 3820i

Mine is fairly solid also. I think yours is the first one I have ever seen mounted on the fender.

Tractor

Mine is fairly solid also. I think yours is the first one I have ever seen mounted on the fender.
    It helps a lot to have that large flat top fender on my Mahindra so there's plenty of room for the hydraulic stuff.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    06 Branson 3820i

Do you remember where you bought your valve from? And was the remote bracket made for you or did you buy it somewhere?

Tractor

Do you remember where you bought your valve from? And was the remote bracket made for you or did you buy it somewhere?
    My dealer, Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff, CA, bought the parts and made all the sheet metal parts.

Dave is a TBN member and reguiarly posts here. His handle is "DavesTractor". You can send him a PM on this website or contact him on his website

Dave's Tractor, Inc - Home

The triple remote valve is made by Dinoil, a European company. Haven't been able to find a U.S. distributor yet.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast