Adding Rear remotes

/ Adding Rear remotes
Flusher , why would I need a sleeve on the PB port if I am using an open center?

/ Adding Rear remotes #32  
You need a PB sleeve to separate the OUT port and PB port, so the flow will be directed out the PB sleeve for downstream operations, and the cyl expended fluid will only exit out the OUT port.

That is assuming that your valve has a PB port.

Open center means that the fluid is flowing at all times with the valves in neutral. When you operate a valve, you re-direct the fluid to a cyl or motor for power. All valves have to be in series.

/ Adding Rear remotes #34  
All hyd valves except the last valve need a PB outlet, and be installed in series. . The last valve is usually the 3pt valve. All valves OUT ports go to tank, and can tee together.

Yes, the valve above needs a PB sleeve. .

/ Adding Rear remotes
Is this because if you are not using the PB port, it would be blocked off and the out port would just be return to sump?

/ Adding Rear remotes #36  
The OUT port of the FEL valve would go to the 3pt.

/ Adding Rear remotes
I think I am going to show my Polishness. I am very confused. Does the PB sleeve convert the out port from low pressure to high pressure?

My set up now is as I understand it: From pump to FEL to TPH to sump. If this is true, does the fluid flow into the FEL by the in port, the FEL valve has a PB prst that has a sleeve in it. So before the sleeve is inserted, the PB port is just capped off and the out port returns to sump. After you add the PB sleeve, the out port then goes to TPH and the out port on TPH goes to sump?

Is this right or can you see where my confusion is?

/ Adding Rear remotes #38  
On some tractors, the only use for the hyd is for the 3pt. Pump, 3pt, tank.

The fluid goes from the pump to the FEL, and back to the 3pt. If you add more valves, the flow must pass through all valves in an open center system. Therefore a PB outlet is provided to pass on the fluid.

If you did not have a 3pt, the fluid from the FEL OUT port would go to tank.

The main reason for the PB is that a high pressure port is provided to withstand the high pressure when a valve downstream is activated. The cyl fluid is blocked from merging with the main hyd flow.

In a lot of valves, the OUT port can not take pressure above 500 psi.

Before you added the PB sleeve, the flow was from pump, to FEL, to 3pt, to tank.

After adding the 3pt sleeve, the flow is from pump , to FEL, to new valve, to 3pt, and to tank.

In a normal situation, with all valve levers in neutral, the fluid is flowing through all the valves with no pressure, just GPM's. If you push one of the levers on any valve and send fluid to a cyl, the hyd pressure starts to build when the cyl meets resistance, and will continue to build until the relief comes on and regulates the pressure. Any excess pressure is returned to tank.

If you activate the 3pt valve, the pressure is built up and reflected back through all the other valves.

On most valves, the fluid from the cyl the valve is controlling, flows through the OUT port and to tank.

/ Adding Rear remotes #39  
   / Adding Rear remotes
So really when I add the new valve for he scrape blade between the valve for the FEL and the TPH, I will put take a hyd line from the PB port of FEL to the In port of the new valve. The put a sleeve in the new valves PB port and run a hyd hose to the TPH. The PB sleeve is already in the FEL valve since it was going to the TPH. Then put a tee at the tank where the line from out port of the FEL valve comes into the tank for the return. And then just put in hyd lines to the rear remote brackets with QC's.

Is this now correct?