Adding Rear remotes

/ Adding Rear remotes
You mentioned a hydraulic gauge, would you just test pressures at dufferent places? Like before and after valve, at QD's?

/ Adding Rear remotes #72  
I have a permanent gage installed to monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system.

You can install it in a tee at the IN port of the FEL where you can see it.

As you operate the cyl or hyd motors, you can see the pressure being developed. It will let you know the pumps psi, and allow you to check the relief pressure and set if necessary.

Whatever valve you operate, will show the pressure on the pressure gage.

Here are two test rigs, or you can just mount the gage in a tee.

You can use these to plug into any QD and momentary bump the lever to read the pressure.

The gages are only about $15

Attachments

• !HYD  GAGE QD.jpg
    !HYD GAGE QD.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 201
  • !Hyd test set.JPG
    !Hyd test set.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 189
   / Adding Rear remotes
Thanks, I will pick one up tomorrow and see what the pressures show.

/ Adding Rear remotes
IMG_1832.jpg

Here is the photo.

/ Adding Rear remotes
Does it matter if I have teed the return (tank) line from this valve into the FEL return line?

/ Adding Rear remotes #76  
All return /tank lines can be teed together as long as the back pressure stays low. You are usually only dumping fluid from the cyl as long as it takes to open/close it. Any relief fluid flows through that line also.

/ Adding Rear remotes
Well I don't understand. They tell me if I put a pressure gauge on the QD it will not show pressure because there is not resistance and it did"t show any reading. However, when I disconnect the QD's they come apart with a pop. Is it possible the brand new hydraulic top link is bad?

/ Adding Rear remotes #78  
When you plug in the gage into the QD, nothing will happen until you move the lever both ways.

Did you activate the valve. Check both QD's

Only activate the levers briefly.

Last edited:
   / Adding Rear remotes
I did activate the valve, but saw no movement in gauge. Again though, there was pressure built up when I disconnected QD's. There was also fluid in hose.

/ Adding Rear remotes #80  
Did you verify that the PB sleeve or screw is installed? Did you check with air.

If you have all hoses connected correctly, and the path is from pump to FEL PB out, then to IN port of new valve, then to 3pt, you should have fluid at pressure on the QD when you activate the lever.

You are checking the pressure at the work ports, correct.

Did you hear the relief?

If you have no fluid to the new valve, that means that the FEL PB is not installed, and therefore the fluid from the FEL is flowing through the return port to tank.

Do you have 3pt?