Adding Rear remotes

/ Adding Rear remotes #1  

glukowicz

Bronze Member
Tractor
06 Branson 3820i
I have been reading all the many ways of adding these rear remotes to a tractor. I want to add one to operate a scrape blade to angle and tilt it. My dealer sells a kit for my tractor, a branson, for a single spool for $750, Ouch! In talking further with him he asked, " Do you use your FEL when using the blade?" i said not usually. He said a simple way to accomplish this would be to run more lines from the FEL joystick to the rear with QD's and just disconnect the FEL and connect the new hoses that will control the blade. Now the joystick will control the rear blade. Do you guys see a problem with this if I can live w/o the FEL when using the blade. If really needed I could reattach the FEL.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

/ Adding Rear remotes #2  
I have been reading all the many ways of adding these rear remotes to a tractor. I want to add one to operate a scrape blade to angle and tilt it. My dealer sells a kit for my tractor, a branson, for a single spool for $750, Ouch! In talking further with him he asked, " Do you use your FEL when using the blade?" i said not usually. He said a simple way to accomplish this would be to run more lines from the FEL joystick to the rear with QD's and just disconnect the FEL and connect the new hoses that will control the blade. Now the joystick will control the rear blade. Do you guys see a problem with this if I can live w/o the FEL when using the blade. If really needed I could reattach the FEL.

Only issue might be reconnecting the FEL. With the dead weight resting on the quick disconnects it may / will be difficult to reattach the lines.

Roy

/ Adding Rear remotes #3  
I would not use the FEL valve. You will need both at the same time sooner or later, especially if you are doing snow removal. Just spend the money and do it right or check with a local hydro shop and see if they can put together a kit for you a little cheaper.

This is not a area you want to go cheap on. Hydros can be dangerous and can cost you lots of money if you do something wrong. Average pump is $350 and up.

Look at it this way also, it will increase the value of your tractor.

Chris

/ Adding Rear remotes
Is there a t valve with a flow direction handle that could be installed so that you would not have to physically disconnect. One way would operate the FEL and the other would operate the blade?

/ Adding Rear remotes #5  
I also added a set of rear remotes using existing FEL lines. I added quick connects where the flex hose and steel lines connected for the bucket curl functions. I then ran hoses to the back or the tractor. I set the bucket flat on the ground when switching to the rear remotes. When I'm finished with the rotary cutter I just reattach the bucket lines.

/ Adding Rear remotes
How do you get the FEL off the ground to move tractor?

/ Adding Rear remotes #7  
If you want to save the money and can live without the use of the FEL, then definitely go the route you are thinking and just disconnect the FEL and plug in your new hoses. Aside from losing the use of your FEL, there is no reason you need to spend all sorts if money to add a whole new system. You would need at least a 2 spool valve and required hoses.
I would try what your thinking and if you don't like it then you could always add a valve later. The only other thing is I would remove the loader when doing this.

/ Adding Rear remotes
Piston, why do you say remove FEL Wouldnt the reason adding the two spool valves negate this?

/ Adding Rear remotes #9  
Your absolutely right, I worded that pretty weird now that I reread :D

If you added the valve, you would have use of the rear blade AND FEL at the same time, no ill effects, the better way to do it, and much more useful for other additions you may have down the road.

I would remove the FEL IF you went the original route you were thinking, take off the FEL, disconnect all QD's from the FEL valve, and connect your QD's from the rear blade. This is not really a great or convenient way to do it, but it would work and that was really your question. It's much cheaper, a lot more inconvenient, you'll probably wish you added the valve in the future, BUT it would work if your main goal is to save the money.

That being said, there are many people (in fact probably most :D) on here are more qualified than I am to recommend anything about hydraulics, so take this advice for what you paid for it :thumbsup:

/ Adding Rear remotes #10  

Does your FEL remove easily? If yes, remove it and use the FEL hydraulics as needed to power rear implements. If you need your FEL and rear hydraulics at the same time, then add a new valve.