Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit

/ Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit #1  

specter

Tractor
ford new holland 345c
I have a Ford New Holland 345C tractor and picked up a Ford New Holland 764 backhoe. The backhoe came with frame mounting brackets. I eventually got the brackets installed on my tractor. But the backhoe did not come with the hydraulic installation kit necessary for the backhoe operation. I tried hooking the backhoe onto the tractor and used the tractor's remote hydraulics. Well I never did get the backhoe seated into the brackets and it will not work off the tractors remotes as it keeps tripping the hydraulic remotes lever to off. According to the 764 backhoe manual the backhoe required an installation kit. I kind of figured out the basic installation without the original kit but never tried building a installation kit because the backhoe requires a Power Beyond hookup??!!

Does anyone know what this Power Beyond line actually does?? or even where the line would install on the tractor??

Better yet does anyone out there actually have a 764 backhoe installed onto a 345c tractor or know where I can get one of these 764 hydraulic installation kits??

My local Ford New Holland Dealer apparently has no idea what the Power Beyond line is or where it would hookup to on my tractor. I even showed them the original manuals which show the full installation of the backhoe onto the tractor but they say without the installation kit I basically have a large paperweight..

I have a pretty nice farm shop and am good at fabricating stuff if only I could see the original hydraulic installation kit and perhaps back engineer a similiar kit for my tractor.

Thanks for any help

Tom

Last edited:
   / Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit #2  
In general. if both the tractor and BH are open center, then all the valves need to be connected in series. If you have remotes, you have a hyd supply and would just plug the BH in to the remotes. The OUT hose from the BH would need to go to tank. The lever on the remote would have to be on with a bungee around the lever to keep it on.

Some valves have PB, and some do not. It is a carry over port to allow down stream hyd operation.

/ Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit #3  
When doing the research on this setup for myself, I thought that the 764 backhoe valve was first in the series of valves. Meaning that the bh valve has the power beyond port. When backhoe was off you would just loop the line like newer machines. The Husco loader valve on the 345C does not have a PB port so I think that the large metal pressure tube is removed and pressure goes directly to the bh inlet and PB on bh valve will pressure the loader inlet port. The reservoir metal tube at the loader valve should have a large drain nut on it. That I think comes off and the return/reservoir line from the backhoe would tie into there.

Please note: I am no hydraulic expert.

/ Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit
Thanks for the replies. I have tried what JJ said and it would KIND of work!! Its just that it works in slow motion. I would really prefer to locate the original hydraulic installation kit that would have come with the backhoe. I have searched all over and no one seems to have this kit. I figured if I can locate someone with the backhoe installation kit installed on their tractor then maybe I can draw out the plans to custom fabricate the kit. Perhaps if I scanned the page in the manual that shows the kit.and posted that here it might help.

kit picture

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 702
   / Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit #6  
That is essentially a kit to connect the hoses from the PB outlet to the back like many others have done. If the BH is removed, a loop hose has to be connected.

Apparently, the valve in the back can not handle the GPM's , or there are some restrictors in the system.

The only way to know what the flow is to use a flow meter.

A good designed system will match all valves and fittings for the flow.

Have you checked the PRV on the BH valve?

Not sure what a PRV is? Personally I was hopeful that maybe a member in my local area my be a ford/new holland dealer that either has the original kit or could make up the kit. I already have most of the components in the form of hydraulic hoses and a pressure relief valve. I do know how to fabricate some of the stuff but it sure would be nice to look at a similiar tractor with the backhoe setup working.

/ Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit #8  
You need a supply and return with all valves in series. All the valves should have PB except the last valve.

PRV = Primary Relief Valve.

Your FEL valve should have a PRV, and your BH should have a PRV. If the FEL valve is the first valve after the pump, the pressure should be set for 50 to 100 psi below the pump max psi. The BH should be set the same as the FEL PRV.

Is your current fluid path something like this? Pump, FEL, remotes,3pt, tank?

If you can't use the remotes, then the path would be something like this. If your FEL has a PB, the path should be pump, BH, remotes, 3pt, tank.

You need a PB outlet to feed the BH, or if the BH has a PB, and the FEL does not, then the path should be pump BH, FEL, remotes, 3pt, tank. with all returns going to tank.

Can you take a close up pic of the FEL valve?

If your FEL valve does not have PB, you could swap it out for one that does, or re-route the fluid to the BH valve first.

Last edited:
I have to admit that I am at a loss with this thing. Seems no one has any idea just how to hook the 764 onto the 345c. They all claim with the original installation kit they would be able to do it. Sure seems to me that any one into hydraulics should be able to do it without the kit simply by seeing the original book that shows all the parts which is necessary.

I have been trying to get this **** thing on my tractor for over three years. Before that I had an ARPS 80 3pt backhoe!! Yep I tried the ARPS 80 on the 345C and it worked for about 30 secs until the hydraulics blew out. One shop told me it was way to small for the 345C.

I am still hopeful out there someone has the 764 setup on their 345C and I can look at the setup and perhaps back engineer the original installation kit.
That or maybe I can somehow locate a tractor shop in my area that might be able to fabricate & install.
Tom

/ Ford New Holland 345C with 764 backhoe needs hydraulic installation kit #10  
Perhaps you can describe more what you have and what you want.

Do you have an open center hydraulics?

Do you have remotes at the back?

How many GPM's do you have?

Is it mechanical help you want?