Weak Loader don't know PSI

/ Weak Loader don't know PSI #1  

racerboy832

Silver Member
Tractor
Deutz Allis 5220 w FEL and Backhoe
I'm trying to see if this is normal or my loader is weak. If I run the loader into a pile of dirt it will not pull itself through the pile. I have to backup to get it to lift it. I know on the backhoe I can here is hitting the reliefs. The front loader just does nothing. It's a Deutz Allis 5220 HST same as a MZF 1040. 21HP with loader and BH that runs off PTO. If I check the pressure, what PSI am I looking for? Is there any way to bump up PSI in the loader valve. It's a 1991 Machine.

/ Weak Loader don't know PSI #2  
You would have to know the pump specs to set the PRV.

If you know the pumps max pressure, then you would check and set the pressure to 50 to 100 psi below the pumps max pressure.

You will need a 3000 psi hyd gage.

Does your 3pt lift OK? Do you hear the 3pt relief when lifting a heavy load?

Last edited:
   / Weak Loader don't know PSI
I found the specs, It's between 1990-2036 PSI. I don't know if the 3pt works well cause I always have the backhoe on. It looks like the relief is between the pump to the 3pt then the loader valve. I can check the pressure and it says it can be bumped up. I'm just not sure if it is suppose to not have much picking power since it's a 21hp tractor.

/ Weak Loader don't know PSI #4  
Connect your hyd gage at the FEL IN port with a tee, and the extend the cyl. If you don't hear or can see the set pressure , the cyl may be bypassing.

If your 3pt is still in the fluid path, and you have room to raise the 3pt, raise the handle until the relief goes off or you see the set pressure on the gage.

Your loader is designed to lift a certain load at a certain pressure.

What is your fluid path? Is it pump, FEL, BH, 3pt?

/ Weak Loader don't know PSI #5  
The proper way to work a gob pile is to approach the pile with the bucket flat on the ground. Pull into the pile a few inches and roll the bucket back a little (about half way), then start raising the bucket and drive forward at the same time. This maneuver will peel about a 3 or 4 inch layer off of the front of the gob pile. I get a full bucket each and every time this way.

/ Weak Loader don't know PSI #6  
If your loader will lift with bucket fully loaded with dirt there is no problem in the sytem. When driving into a pile until bucket is full then trying to lift you are not only trying to lift the full bucket but all that is piled on top of it.
Follow 638's procdeure, is easier on your loader, engine, & drivetrain.

/ Weak Loader don't know PSI #7  
I over looked that your BH used a PTO pump. There should be a relief valve on the BH valve. Most of the Prince PTO pumps have a max psi of 2250.

I would set the BH relief valve at 2200 psi or what the instructions said for the pump and valve.

You would have to install the gage using a tee at the IN port for the BH valve.