Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #1  

Renigeid

Tractor
Kubota L3130
How often should the fluid be changed if the filters are changed at regular intervals? My fluid is still very clean after 400 hours. Is it still ok to continue useing? Jim

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #2  
The service schedule for your tractor is in your owner's manual. Additionally, Kubota publishes a "generic" service schedule on their website.

At 400 hours, if NEVER having been drained before? Oh yes, I drain and re-fill.

I think one could go on just the filters up to 400, but that's plenty far enough. Again, consult your manual.

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #3  
How the oil looks is not a good way to determine if it should be changed or not. I would change it along with both the HST filter and hydraulic filter.

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #4  
+10 on CrazyAl.

Looks can be deceiving. It's not motor oil so it don't get black like used oil. It will stay clear or slight amber but the properties of the oil change with heat-cool cycles and it looses it's ability to lubricate, act as hydraulic fluid and the Ph of the oil changes as well.

The first change is the most important. Go do it.

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #5  
I see that you have a L3130... What year did you get it? I would change it...

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #6  
I see that you have a L3130... What year did you get it? I would change it...

Change the oil or the tractor? :confused: I was not sure what you meant. You got something against L3130s? :laughing:

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #7  
Change the oil or the tractor? :confused: I was not sure what you meant. You got something against L3130s? :laughing:
I tried to find out the last year that model was made... trying to figure out how old the oil was... yea, never finished that thought :ashamed:

/ Changing HST (Kubota) hydraulic fluid #8  
I tried to find out the last year that model was made... trying to figure out how old the oil was... yea, never finished that thought :ashamed:
I think the GL40s came out in 2007 (or maybe 2006).