Farmall 45 350 Loader Bucket Rolling

/ Farmall 45 350 Loader Bucket Rolling #1  

TechGuy

I purchased a CaseIH Farmall 45 with a 350 front end loader. The operational issue I am having is the front bucket is not stable. It will roll forward or backward under load. The local dealer sent me a couple of orifice fittings with a diagram on what hydraulic lines to install them on; it improved the operation slightly, but still not acceptable. When I took the unit in for a computer upgrade, the technician said they had given me the wrong information and he repositioned the orifices on different lines. Now the instability is in the opposite mode.

Has anyone out there experienced the same problem with Farmall compact tractors? I had originally thought there was air in the lines and I assumed if I operated the cylinders through their full range of motion that any air would clear the cylinders and vent in the reservoir. Any information would be appreciated.

/ Farmall 45 350 Loader Bucket Rolling #2  
By bucket not rolling fwd, are you talking about the curl function? Can you lift a load, but not curl?

Do you have full range of control with the loader empty?

Do you have regen on your loader valve?

You might try putting a gage on the cyl hose work ports and see if your cyl's are developing the pressure. With the cyl at full extend or retract, you should see the PRV relief pressure.

Gage test set, about $30.

Any air in the system will be purged as you operate the cyl's.

Remove and inspect and clean the relief valve.

Attachments

• !HYD  GAGE QD.jpg
    !HYD GAGE QD.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 111
  • !Hyd test set.JPG
    !Hyd test set.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 122