Typical Skid Steer Coupler?

/ Typical Skid Steer Coupler? #11  
Hydraulic Hose Guy,

1/2 will flow as much as 19 GPM's.

3/4 will flow up to 39 GPM's

Are you talking about the thread size/hose size or face opening size.

Neither. I'm referring to the manufacturer's nominal coupler body size.

Nominal sizes can be confusing, and that's why I included a link to the size chart. As it turns out, none of the measurable dimensions of a 1/2" coupler are actually1/2". This is because the nominal size doesn't refer to any outside dimension on the coupler, it refers to size of hose or tubing that coupler is most often used with.

In summary, the only reliable way to identify the size of your coupler is to mate it with a coupler of known size or to match it up to the size charts I linked to in my earlier post.

/ Typical Skid Steer Coupler? #12  
Not to disagree, but if the male center part of the tip is pressed in, the hole should be 1/2 in for a 1/2 in QD. It is not hard to distinguish between a 1/2 and a 3/4 in QD. Different manufacturers make the sleeves smaller or larger to suit the purpose of the QD.

The price between the two sizes is a big difference.

Female QD side, Surplus hyd

3/4 NPT FLUSH FACE QUICK COUPLER GATES HTMA
Item# 9-7700
74 $59.95

1 NPT FLUSH FACE QUICK COUPLER GATES HTMA
Item# 9-7701
344 $89.95

4HTF4-HT4F4 4HTF4-HT4F4 | Set of 1/2" Flushface/Skidsteer Couplings $50.00 $47.50

6HTF6-HT6F6 6HTF6-HT6F6 | Set of 3/4" Flushface Couplings $134.03 $127.32

Last edited:
   / Typical Skid Steer Coupler?
My original intent was to try to standardize off the skid steer (appears to be 3/4 flush face), but I found out they are QUITE pricey. A buddy showed up with some FREE 1/2" ISO A couplers so they are what is getting installed.

If I ever happen to borrow or rent a skid steer attachment, I will deal with the fluid loss to change out the couplings.

ac

/ Typical Skid Steer Coupler? #14  
You could go ahead and pre-make some 1/2 to 3/4 adapters. 1/2 on one end, and 3/4 on the other. Male/female, whatever.

Some of the skid steers have low flow and high flow, and therefore the 3/4 flow ability off the aux pump.

No fluid loss. Just snap in place.