Hyd oil leak? need advice

/ Hyd oil leak? need advice #1  

cc1840

I have a case 1840 skidsteer and was using it to dig out some dirt with the tooth bucket and was making a road up a hill and noticed some oil running out of the belly pan , i had been working it for about 2 hrs and it was a hot day here mid 80's
I stopped and checked all fluids they were good, the road I was building was a steep hill probally 38 deg slope
anaways I pulled all the belly pan inspection/drain plates and seat and pressure washed it out , by then the hydrolic fluid was low in the sight glass so i added about 3 quarts and then drove and worked the machine , looked it all over and can not find a leak or drop of oil anywhere.
Was it just because I was on a steep slope?
i just dont know where the oil came from
maybe someone here might know thanks

/ Hyd oil leak? need advice #2  
You probably have a hydro leak near the front that pooled up and leaked out when you were at angle, my guess it is a pin hole in one of the steel lines. You can wrap the lines with paper towels and a little masking tape, run machine and inspect again, wet spot will pinpoint leak for you, whatever you do, don't get your face near a pressurized line with a pin hole leak, take a little time to find it safely.

/ Hyd oil leak? need advice #3  
Another way to find a hyd leak is to use some florescent dye and put it in the hyd tank. Clean everything good before you do this. Run the machine for a while, then use a black light and you will see the source of the leak as the dye will glow a greenish-yellow. They use this same process locating leaks in power steering, auto transmissions, engine oil, hyd systems. It won't hurt the system and will stay in there for any future leaks detection.

You can purchase the dye at NAPA, or probably at any auto store.

/ Hyd oil leak? need advice
Thanks i'll get the dye and try that , but every thing i have checked sence then has been dry nothing is wet that I can see
maybe the dye will tell a different story

/ Hyd oil leak? need advice #5  
It maybe that only certain functions will put enough pressure for something to leak. Give it a good workout after putting the dye in. Activate the aux valve, steering, lift, tilt, etc. If it leaked as much as you said, then you will see it.