Float not engaging

/ Float not engaging
J-J thanks for your advice and yes it is working again. I did manage to lose one ball berring, in my gravel drive way but did manage to find 3 of them. got a replacement from the hardware store $.17. The spool cap was filled with crude, and spring was pretty nasty as well as the sleeve inside. I wire brushed with the dremel, but it was pitted pretty good. I'm gonna replace everything a little later in the year, and thinking of making a gasket to keep the water out. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

/ Float not engaging #12  
J-J thanks for your advice and yes it is working again. I did manage to lose one ball berring, in my gravel drive way but did manage to find 3 of them. got a replacement from the hardware store $.17. The spool cap was filled with crude, and spring was pretty nasty as well as the sleeve inside. I wire brushed with the dremel, but it was pitted pretty good. I'm gonna replace everything a little later in the year, and thinking of making a gasket to keep the water out. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Expect a little sticker shock on the detent kit...100 bucks 4 years ago when I did mine. Unfortunately you cannot buy just the spool cap sleeve...That seemed to be the only part that was not reusable when I did mine. As JJ stated, put plenty of lube in there, I used all purpose lithium grease.

/ Float not engaging #13  

I should have mention to use a large magnet by the spool valve/work area.

/ Float not engaging
Girtski said:
Expect a little sticker shock on the detent kit...100 bucks 4 years ago when I did mine. Unfortunately you cannot buy just the spool cap sleeve...That seemed to be the only part that was not reusable when I did mine. As JJ stated, put plenty of lube in there, I used all purpose lithium grease.

Swung by for a price check 140 now. Ouch. Well nobody said tractorins cheap. Will take a little more preventative action and stuff that piece with grease