belarus as 250 lift problem

/ belarus as 250 lift problem #1  

lightin1110

Tractor
belarus as 250
i've had this belarus as 250 for about 4 years now i think it's a 1974 model. anyways ever since i've owned it, the power lift on it worked good under a load when i first crank it, but after about 5 minutes it would not lift a load, i had it worked on a couple years ago and it worked better not all that great. now it's gotten to were it doesn't want to pick up a load now when it's cold. i've checked the hydro fluid and it's fine...anyone have any idea?

/ belarus as 250 lift problem #2  
Install a pressure gage and observe and monitor the hyd system for proper operation.

If you raise the loader with a full load, does the pressure build up to system pressure.

Do you know what the system pressure is supposed to be?

Does the relief valve ever relieve.

Does the 3pt work normally?

Have you check all the filters and when did you last change the fluid?

Tell us all the problems in detail and someone should be able to help.

This is your hyd data.

Hydraulics:
Type: open
Capacity: 2 gal [7.6 L]
Pressure: 2060 psi [142.0 bar]
Valves: 1
Total flow: 4.2 gpm [15.9 lpm]

Last edited:
   / belarus as 250 lift problem #3  
It sounds like when you say "power lift" you are talking about the 3 point hitch. On that tractor it's an external cylinder.

In the owners manual they recommend 30w engine oil which has a higher viscosity than most hydraulic oils - higher than AW68. Welcome Mine works okay on AW46 but it does seem to lose effectiveness quickly if I run it to relief a lot. If yours only works when cold it could be that the oil is too thin. There could also be an obstruction in the system causing the fluid to overheat right away.

Servicing the hydraulic filter is a pain - you have to remove the seat and raise the sheet metal - but it sounds like it might be worth doing in your case since the hydraulics have never worked right.

If your pump seals are worn allowing excessive bypass that could also cause the symptoms you describe.

/ belarus as 250 lift problem
thanks for the info......sorry if wasn't making myself clear.....but yes it is the 3 pt hitch that is giving me problems...it use to lift the bushog good when i would first start it, now it will just lift the front part some and will bleed down after a bit, even if i'm not running it. the three point hitch does seem to work ok without a load on it. i've read a few post that says there is football shape plate on the hydro pump that you can remove. and there is a needle value that gets dirt in it and causes the hitch not to lift properly...is this the case on the 250 as belarus?

/ belarus as 250 lift problem #5  
J_J

I see your post on the hydro for AS250. I have cleaned the filter well. It had some crud and a couple of paint chips in it but did not appear to be stopped up.

Where do you install the pressure gauge on this one. Is there a test port or any advice where to try to jerry rig one into the system.

It was low on fluid when it quit. Once a year it did that in the past. this time it did not start working when I topped it off.

Is there a procedure for bleeding the hydralic system.

Thanks from Ky

/ belarus as 250 lift problem #6  
Just install the gage in a tee the IN port of the first valve after the pump.

Hyd system will self purge any air as you use the cyl/motors, etc.