Hose Maintenance

/ Hose Maintenance #11  
yep.. check em over.. look for damage tot he rubber sheath.. IE.. metal innerds sticking out. they will rust fas tthat way.

look for kinking, or bulgeing.. loose dripping fittings.. a weeping fitting will collect dust.. and look dirty.

in chaff areas, use something like wire loom or fire hose, or similar ' netting style hose loom material to protect them.. bundle hoses with zip ties to keep them from snagging.. just make sure they have room to move at a pivot...watch pinch points and edges or flanges they may abraid on.. use a piece of split rubber line on the metal flange, held on with contact cement or zip ires..

I save old radiator hoses to cut pieces to use as zip tie bandaids to put on a hose where it may contact metal..

soundguy

/ Hose Maintenance #12  
Thanks for the response JJ. After my post I did some more reading and found the discounthydraulichose website. As soon as I can verify the sizes I need and the quantities, I plan to place an order.

Be sure you match your hose and fittings correctly. Reusable fittings can only be used with specific hoses (SAE 100R2AT fittings with SAE 100R2AT hose, for example).

/ Hose Maintenance
OK, thank you, all. I'm worried about failure (without good reason) because I'm going to make a work platform to lift with the loader (pallet with railings).