No Reverse or Neutral

/ No Reverse or Neutral #1  

Jimbo16720

Silver Member
Tractor
Bolens h1704- IH 464- Kubota L245dt
:confused2: Any idea why on a hydrostatic Bolens when I push the back of the pedal for reverse it slows down but keeps going forward? It's like it has no reverse. If you let the clutch out it goes forward and the harder you push the back of the pedal the more is slows down but has no neutral or reverse anymore. Just started doing it all of a sudden. It has plenty of fluid in it. Wondering if it's some kind of a valve problem that the pedal is hooked to. Should have bought the old standard tranny type.

/ No Reverse or Neutral #2  
Jimbo, I'm not familiar with Bolens, but I am familiar with HST transmissions. It just sounds to me like your pedal may have slipped on the input shaft of your HST transmission and it is offset so far that it never returns to neutral or goes to reverse. The pedal just moves the swashplate inside the HST pump. When the swashplate is at neutral, no fluid is being pumped and that is the setting where your tractor would not move. I would closely examine the pedal linkage to the transmission to see if there was an obvious problem. It seems to have slipped pretty far to give your symptoms.