Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid.

/ Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid. #1  

chad22

Veteran Member
Tractor
Sears Garden Tractor
Today I was topping off my hydraulic fluid. I had 1 1 qt bottle of Transmission fluid Dexron Mercon and a 1 qt bottle of hydraulic fluid. Well I accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle and poured a little Transmission fluid into my hydraulic fluid. I caught it before I put even a half a quart in there.

Do you think it will be okay? Because I don't have the money right now for any more hydraulic fluid.

It's just on my home made backhoe. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt anything or not.

Thanks

Chad

/ Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid. #2  
I would go about my business. Many hydraulic systems use automotive transmission fluid as the working fluid. (deere f915 front mower)

Just remember the dexron has a red dye.

/ Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid. #3  
2x too

/ Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid. #4  
Been using Dexron-Mercon in my Bobcat Skid Loader for years. It's as good as any hydraulic oil and has seal additives besides.

x3... Forgeraboutit.

/ Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid. #5  
My Case trencher uses ATF. The alternate fluid is 10W-40 with a qt of Case additives per 10 qt's of motor oil.

/ Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid. #6  
My 1979 John Deere 312 had ATF in it up until this year when I switched it to Hy-Tran fluid. Just keep on truckin........:thumbsup:

/ Accidently added some Transmission fluid to my hydraulic fluid.
Thanks guys. It puts my mind at ease. I didn't wanna damage anything. Especially after putting a new seal kit in my pump. That seal kit wasn't cheap.

I about had a heart attack when I heard the price. :laughing: "$75.00". But I did save at least $80.00 by getting the seal kit and rebuilding it instead of buying a new pump. So that made me feel better.

I handed the guy the pump. He took one look at it, took it back there and not 2 minutes later he was back with the kit.

Hopefully tomorrow if the weather is nice. I can finally play in the dirt with my backhoe, get to dig up a relatives sewer line for her.

Chad